Dr. Jan Pickett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jan Pickett?

September 26th, 2015

Worst Dr/Office/Office Visit Ever

Worst experience ever!!! Would never recommend this doctor unless there is no other doctor to go to. I'm not sure how this doctor is even still legally allowed to practice. Nurse started asking why I was there. Dr walked in and abruptly interrupted the 'nurse' to ask what was wrong for which I said there are several things going on right now but the first is back pain. Dr immediately walked me out of the one patient room office (w/o hearing all of my symptoms) into a back room to take x-rays. Dr started the x-ray process then walked out. Then the 'nurse' came in and tried to finish taking x-rays. Unfortunately, the nurse didn't know how to use the x-ray machine so the doctor luckily (for her) came back to help her. The doctor then asked if i wanted a cortisone shot. I said no, then the dr asked if I wanted a strong pain medicine. For which I said no again. The dr then asked why I was there. I said I would like to explain all my symptoms that I have experienced over the last couple months so that hopefully a doctor can give me some direction as to what might be going on. I was then led back to the patient room (which had dead spiders and webs here and there, cracks in the walls). The dr, which seemed annoyed (that he couldn't leave early on a Friday afternoon) asked what my symptoms are. I explained and the dr asked for blood to be drawn and tested internally as well as a urine test. The nurses seemed to not know how to draw blood as it took two of them on both attempts. Meanwhile the dr was out somewhere. The dr came back when the internal blood results were completed. He read off the test results by name as if i knew what any of them were. Then said I seemed annoyed that the tests came back normal. I explained no, I'm not annoyed I'm concerned cause I don't know what's going on. He then referred me to a specialist. Overall this doctor and his office staff were not professionally dressed (no scrubs, jean shorts with flip flops and dr wearing baggy low hanging jeans). The doctor had the worst professionalism, finishing his lunch walking out of his office while I walked into the patient room, cutting off his nurse's questions, asking me one question before heading straight to x-ray room, and took a phone call while in the x-ray room saying he was on his way somewhere. As well as all the other stuff above. Will never go back and suggest that no one ever go there.

August 19th, 2015

Worst medical visit I have ever experienced.

The staff at Dr. Pickett's office was very kind. However, Dr. Pickett's bedside manner was rude and disinterested. When he told me diagnosis in medical terms, he told me to look it up on the internet if i wanted to know more about it. The examine room was also not very clean. Not all of the staff was dressed appropriately; the woman that drew my blood was in jeans and a sweatshirt so I couldn't even determine if she was qualified to draw my blood. I will not be going back to this doctor.

July 30th, 2014

This place is awful. I would never return as a patient, Its dirty, I waited an hour and half and his bed side manor is even worse. A month and a half later I still don't have my results. this was honestly the worst experience I've ever had.

February 26th, 2014

VISIT

I HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH DOC EVEN AFTER I READ THESE HORRIBLE REVIEWS I DECIDED TO SEE FOR MYSELF. STAFF WAS GREAT AND FRIENDLY AND I HAD NO ISSUES ONLY FINDING THEIR LOCATION. THE REVIEWS I HAVE SEEN FROM HERE ARE MOST LIKELY FROM PATIENTS THAT DID NOT GET THERE WAY ON GETTING MEDS THEY WANTED NOT WHAT WAS RECOMMENDED OR HATED TO PAY FOR OFFICE VISITS. BEFORE JUDGING ANYONE I WISH PPL WOULD LOOK AT THEMSELVES

June 17th, 2011

Horrible experience! Very unfriendly nurse took vitals. Dr Pickett displayed rudeness as if I were inconveniencing or wasting his time. As it was my first visit with him, I tried to explain some of my medical history but he was not at all interested. He showed no concern for my current medical issue and prescribed no solution. The only compassion offered was from the front desk receptionist as she collected payment from me.

October 6th, 2010

ugh

gives you old pres. then makes you come back and tell you many differnet disorders that you may have to worry you!!!! Then sends you to the ER making you pay tons of money so they can tell you the newer pres. and so they can tell you the same thing he told you just with more money!!! HELLO GET UP TO DATE WITH THE NEW ANTIBIOTICS!!!!!! QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND HIM!!! GO ELSEWHERE!!!

September 11th, 2010