Dr. Jan Raynak MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017
Unreliable
He is often 30 minutes to an hour late, sometimes double books patients, and generally shows no respect for his patients' time. When you are out of medication, not knowing if your doctor will even show up is a horrible feeling. But since he is one of the few doctors who take insurance, he knows patients will keep returning for lack of better options. Now his answering service is disconnected so there is no way to reach him. What others have said about calls at 9 or 10 pm - also true.

March 26th, 2015
Terrible doctor
Ignores calls for weeks even months. No cerncern for patients wellbeing.

February 17th, 2015
The office staff were horrible returning phone calls

March 3rd, 2014
couldn't even get an appointment
I could not even get an appointment with this doctor, and he was referred to me by my GP. I don't think he has office staff. Every time I called I was sent to an answering service that knew nothing about the practice. I didn't get a call back from my first call for two days, and when I did the girl said she would look for an appointment for me and send me some intake forms. Two days later (no call back or forms yet) I called to ask what the deal was and another woman returned my message at 9 pm (yes, PM!) that night asking for my email and setting an appointment for me the following week. She also said she would email me the intake forms. Four days later (the day of my appointment) I still didn't have intake forms so just canceled the appointment and found another doctor. I don't feel comfortable relying for my mental health on a practice that can't even manage new patient intake!

January 9th, 2014
Excellent Diagnostician, wonderful manner
Dr. Raynak isn't very good about staying on schedule, doing extras (extra paperwork particularly) and has some other issues that lead people to dismiss him, but he is a phenomenal diagnostician, therapist and psychiatrist. I've been seeing him for 4.5 years and he has helped me tremendously. His manner is kind but with an interesting sense of humor and irony. I'm a woman and I know his manner is different with my (male) partner, so clearly he reads people well and adapts to each person according to who that person is. My partner and I were both his patients when we began our relationship but Jan is able to maintain his perspective for each of us individually. I'm impressed by his ability to work separately with us and not feel conflicted or blur our boundaries. We're also confident he'll work effectively with us as a couple when we need it. Dr. Raynak doesn't tell us what to do- he listens, makes suggestions, will sometimes talk in general terms about the experience other people have had, acknowledges any difficulties we may be experiencing... It can take awhile to get that first appointment with him but it was worth the wait for me. Dr. Suzanne Pope is his partner and I've had great experiences with her. Feedback from other patients who see both of them has always been enthusiastic so I know where else I can turn if I need a slightly different perspective or don't need medication management.

July 18th, 2013
Do not go here!
It is impossible to get anyone on the phone. They never answer, EVER! Their message says to leave a day and night contact number and they will get back within 24 hours. I gave both numbers and they called the day number at night but didn't leave a message and haven't heard from them since. I have been a patient for a few years and am finally fed up! The average wait time is usually between 30-45 minutes. Most of the time is is around 45.

January 19th, 2013
Chaotic
When I first tried to get an appt I called and no one picked up the phone. I left a msg twice and finally received a call back but only asking for me insurance info. Then I had to wait a few days for someone to call me back to make an appt. Also, she wanted to schedule 3 appt in a row. I wasn't even sure I would be compatible so I only scheduled one. He was nice but he would not make eye contact which kinda made me nervous. He did take alot of time talking to me which was nice but the meds he insisted on made my anxiety alot worse. I also had an issue with him constantly being late. he staff is non existant and never answers the phone. I also did not like making my appt via email. There was never a desk person when I would leave so they expected me to email them to make an appt. This was awkward because I would not have any idea of the openings and it would take several emails to get one. The final straw was when they did not return two of my emails requesting an appt.

September 15th, 2011
More of a psycotherapist than traditional Psychiatrist. That is a good thing. Does not necessarily push meds.

September 14th, 2011
I love this dr! He is so caring. Best psychiatrist I have ever seen! I love how he talks to me so much and really knows what's happening with me. Really concerned about getting my meds adjusted correctly.

March 27th, 2011
Thinks he's a therapist, not a pychopharmacologist
Dr. Ryanak is a pleasant and compassionate individual, but it's clear prefers talk therapy to getting into the nitty gritty of pharmacology. Sometimes 90% of the appointment is spent with him getting into rather esoteric lines of thought that have nothing to do directly with medical/prescription care. I already see a therapist, and when I go to a psychiatrist I prefer he or she spends more time on the medicine side of things.Also, he is always running excessively late. I think the least amount of time I've ever had to wait for him was over 20 minutes, with 30-40 minutes being the norm. This is consistently the case and wears on you.A nice guy, but not a great psychiatrist.

January 6th, 2011
finding a new dr. I saw this dr because he was the only one taking new patients when i moved to boulder. But he is always late. REALLY LATE. He is also very very scattered during the session. I thought I was ADHD. the office is also very scary. Cobwebs every where and a very leaky roof. They have missed up my appointment more than once. (the last time i wasnt suprised because the girl had a very bad cold and probably should have been home in bed) But most of all the phone is never answered by a live person and the returning of messages is iffy at best

November 2nd, 2010
this guy is a nut has a detachment disorder himself and no emotions a workaholic lover of self with no real experience with family...leaves it to others