Dr. Jan Roda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jan Roda?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Jan Roda?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 5th, 2017

Review

I've seen Dr Roda for almost 15 years. He's thoughtful, compassionate and dependale. His treatment approach is conservative which works well for me since I'm impacted by treatment changes. He's always punctual so I've never had to wait. I would definitely recommend him without hesitation.

July 5th, 2017

July 23rd, 2016

Humiliation and WRONG Diagnosis

Don't waste your time. He needs to retire. I've never been so humiliated, scolded, and condescended to by a doctor while going over my life history. I didn't go in for a dx, I've had that for 10 years, just wanted an Rx refill. Nope. He re-diagnosed me incorrectly and said all my effective medications were wrong for me. If you care about yourself at all, find someone else.

February 3rd, 2016

Terrible Terrible experience

March 28th, 2014

Bad experience

I had a bad experience with Dr. Roda. He didn't even know what medication I was taking. I had to actually tell him the name of the medication and the dosage so that he could write a prescription. He seemed very forgetful. The only reason why I kept going to him was because I was new to the country and didn't know where else to go. He seemed to be only interested in the co-pay. One time, I forgot to pay him at the end of the session. He reminded me. I payed him and made a joke about forgetting about paying people because I have ADHD. Then he tried to take advantage of that by saying that I had not payed the last session as well. I am sure that I payed him! Then I told him that I had payed him and he smiled, as if he was thinking "yeah, I know". Don't go to him. I am sure you can find someone better in NYC.

July 23rd, 2013

Cranky Man

The doctor who has been a psychiatrist for many years, seems to not understand it when a patient is in extreme distress. He gets cranky about insurance forms, cranky about prescriptions, etc. He hardly speaks. In a 45 minutes session, you would like to know what he is thinking, would like to have him offer you a bit of advice or something, etc. You cannot call him in an emergency, etc. I gave him too long of a chance. He did seem a bit empathetic if I cried about anything, but other than that, he has not been helpful. I wonder if he ever thinks about his patients when he goes home at night.

May 24th, 2013

Avoid Jan Roda

Jan Roda seems either burned out on his job, or just not to care in general about his patients. I understand that a large part of psychiatry has become the rote dispensing of medication; but that said, Roda is so rote in his approach as to seem robotic. He checks the clock constantly during sessions; he spends the first five minutes (while the patient is talking) check off forms and things in his planner; and then the best for last: when you give him the check at the end, he endorses it right in front of you. He gives little or no advice about symptoms for withdrawl from medications (I was on an SSRI), and he seems irritated when you call him. Someone needs to remind him that he's supposed to be in a "helping profession."

December 26th, 2011

does not give any advise

You do all the talking.It is like being on a date and she does not speak.Where did he get his license

September 13th, 2011

Physician, heal thyself!

Absolutely uncaring and devoid of even the least bit of empathy for his patients. He lets you decide what meds and dosage to take and offers no guidance whatsoever. All he's interested in is the copay, copay, COPAY! Avoid him like the PLAGUE!!!

March 13th, 2011

does not seem to care

if you ask him a question he will ask one right back.Gives no real advise

July 11th, 2017