Dr. Jane Ballantyne MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Seattle, WA

2.0

April 18th, 2017
Dr Jane Ballantyne does not understand people who
Dr Jane Ballantyne , I saw this woman about three years ago. I walked into an examine room , her nurse came in and did the tactile tests . You know push your leg's up against my hands , squeeze my fingers and push your head as far down on your chin as you can , roll your head from side into side. So after we go through health history and all that , she leaves and I sit for 10 -15 mins. Then the Dr herself comes in. She sits in the corner and just stares at me . So we talk for about 15 minutes . I tell her what is going on and the minute we got into my pain management history , she immediately tells me that I have Fibromyalgia and that narcotic's do not work for that and that I needed to be off them. Well , I told her without them I would be bedridden and that I don't believe she can diagnose such a complex disease like Fibromyalgia without testing and only talking to me for all of 15 minutes. This is a waste of anyone's time especially if you are looking for a GOOD and COMPASSIONATE pain management dr. This dr is not one who thinks patient's should be maintained with opiates at all . She is one of those who believe that you should suck it up. Please do not go to her.

April 6th, 2016
Very Formulaic: lacks personable delivery
I completely agree with the other reviewer. This Doctor is very condescending and the complete opposite of a person who should treat another in pain. Dr. Ballantyne's attitude is, "Just do it"...which is the antithesis of modern day treatment protocal. She can easily rattle off 'certain' studies to go with her scope of treatment but she neglects ALL studies which contradict her protocals. I would not wish a chronic pain life on anybody but this Doctor needs to FEEL the life of a person living with Chronic pain...I think she would change her tune dramatically if she had herself a condition. I would find another Pain Clinic rather than this one.

April 5th, 2013
Poor Bedside Manner
This doctor has very poor bedside manner. She had an intern review my history and records and didn't even ask me why I was in her office for a consultatation. She merely entered the room, sat on the edge of the table and sneered at me, apparently at my choice of blouses which was an imitation of an expensive designer silk in less expensive polyester. She has published books and articles about her disdain for American doctors' irresponsible use of opioid prescription drugs in the treatment of chronic pain and apparently is on the lookout for any patient that according to her isn't "dying, or completely incapacitated", the only valid reasons, in her opinion for prescribing these types of drugs. When she offered me no other solutions to help with my chronic pain and I wept at her decision to deny me a prescription for pain medication that my previous doctor has written for the past 4 months, she looked away. The only thing that came out of this visit was a referral to a psychiatrist on her staff and a suggestion that I try an antideppressant for sleep and pain. I had already told her assistant and I had repeated that I could not tolerate the side effects for these medications. I think that because of my British surname she expected a white person but was disgusted by my appearance when she entered the room (I am Native American), it seems hard for her to hide her disdain for others. It seems she has been pumped up so much by her staff and peers. I do have a valid reason for medication use, and have never abused it. I brought evidence of this, conclusive radiological reports and physician chart notes. Had she reviewed these, even for five minutes, she would have agreed.