Dr. Jane Ballantyne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0

no change

April 6th, 2016
Very Formulaic: lacks personable delivery
I completely agree with the other reviewer. This Doctor is very condescending and the complete opposite of a person who should treat another in pain. Dr. Ballantyne's attitude is, "Just do it"...which is the antithesis of modern day treatment protocal. She can easily rattle off 'certain' studies to go with her scope of treatment but she neglects ALL studies which contradict her protocals. I would not wish a chronic pain life on anybody but this Doctor needs to FEEL the life of a person living with Chronic pain...I think she would change her tune dramatically if she had herself a condition. I would find another Pain Clinic rather than this one.

April 5th, 2013
Poor Bedside Manner
This doctor has very poor bedside manner. She had an intern review my history and records and didn't even ask me why I was in her office for a consultatation. She merely entered the room, sat on the edge of the table and sneered at me, apparently at my choice of blouses which was an imitation of an expensive designer silk in less expensive polyester. She has published books and articles about her disdain for American doctors' irresponsible use of opioid prescription drugs in the treatment of chronic pain and apparently is on the lookout for any patient that according to her isn't "dying, or completely incapacitated", the only valid reasons, in her opinion for prescribing these types of drugs. When she offered me no other solutions to help with my chronic pain and I wept at her decision to deny me a prescription for pain medication that my previous doctor has written for the past 4 months, she looked away. The only thing that came out of this visit was a referral to a psychiatrist on her staff and a suggestion that I try an antideppressant for sleep and pain. I had already told her assistant and I had repeated that I could not tolerate the side effects for these medications. I think that because of my British surname she expected a white person but was disgusted by my appearance when she entered the room (I am Native American), it seems hard for her to hide her disdain for others. It seems she has been pumped up so much by her staff and peers. I do have a valid reason for medication use, and have never abused it. I brought evidence of this, conclusive radiological reports and physician chart notes. Had she reviewed these, even for five minutes, she would have agreed.