Dr. Jane Blumenthal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jane Blumenthal?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Jane Blumenthal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2017

She's amazing

I went there as a referral from my primary doctor who really wasn't a good fit. I then switched over to Jane because she was ver knowledgeable about what I was going through and also sympathetic.

December 19th, 2016

Great bed side manner. Answered all of my questions!!! Great sense of humor!

June 11th, 2015

lacks people skills

Awful doctor. Not only does she have awful engaging skills with human beings but she doesn’t offer any kind of information to help you! Initially came to her because she is “supposedly” an expert on menopause. But she has ZERO helpful information. Have to pull teeth and ask her questions otherwise she does not offer ANY solutions! She’s also not knowledgeable on any kind of nutritional supplements that might help menopause either. Narrow scope in her knowledge. Very shocking for a doctor who is suppose to be an expert in menopause! She’s not an expert. False advertising. Also awful is that she rushes you out of her office. So what is the point of going to her? She just wants to charge you for a visit – without helping you ! Clearly this “doctor” is in the wrong field – shouldn’t even be a doctor as you can tell she does NOT enjoy the process. She does not engage in any helpful communication – just rushes you out of her office. Awful. I know more about menopause from reading and trying my own regimen – than going to see her. This doctor is a waste of your time and money. My message to her would be – “quit your practice and go find another career because you obviously don’t enjoy treating people. Or go volunteer for a while in the middle east or Africa and gain some humanism skills.”

May 12th, 2015

She is AWESOME!

Dr. Blumenthal is so knowledgeable and thorough. I loved her bedside manner. I have recommended 3 people to her that have had surgery as well with great satisfaction.

October 27th, 2014

Patient

Dr Blumenthal might not be the best when it comes to a good bedside manner that you would think a doctor should have while working with patients. I had surgery for my fibroids back in 2010 and shortly after my fibroids returned. Dr. Blumenthal seemed to be uncomfortable with any religious belifefs that differ from her own, so I would advise any new patients looking for a highly skilled doctor that knows how to accomidate diverse patients to look elsewhere. It seems that her personal beliefs interfere with her quality of patient care.

May 22nd, 2014

Would not reccomend

Miss Blumenthal not only misdiagnosed me, but she must have skipped most of the "bedside manners classes". Her misdiagnosis was so apparent, that another doctor that I saw shortly after, said "some people should not be in medicine". Would strongly avoid.

June 11th, 2010

Oby/gyn

I have been through too many surgeons and Dr. Blumenthal is better than most. I like her. I looked her up because I have a fear of ob/gyn from several bad experiences with apathetic or overly self-assured (you decide) ob/gyns in my past. My first really bad ob/gyn delivered my second child. Piece of cake - no problem... A few weeks later, I called him to say I was bleeding that wasn't normal after birthing (it was fresh and bad). He was not too concerned and said to see him in a few days. He did't consider i have been bleeding monthly for fifteen years (Dah - all of us women kind of know this) and this was my second child. So, I didn't follow his advice to wait! I went to the ER instead (because i knew something was really wrong) and was taken immediately (10 min in ER) to OR for an emergency DNC. I would have died, literally bled to death, if i had waited a couple of days to see him. Next ob/gyn bad experience (woman ob/gyn at that) - she performed a follopian tube flow procedure for unblocking them. After the procedure, everyone left room and I got off table, a bit dazed, with blood literally running down my leg. I was so surprised by the blood and scared with noone around to tell me what to do - i did the only thing i could think of - I found a washroom and pushed the emergency help cord. The nurse that came said this is to be expected after this procedure and she will go get a heavy pad and some gowns to help clean me and the floor up. I don;t recall any apology or explanation. I just remember standing there looking down at the pool of blood at my feet in fear and just plain flabbergasted - no warning of such bleeding by ob/gyn or even a nurse to help me get off the table??!@@#$ I never saw this ob/gyn afterward figuring anyone willing to leave you in a pool of your own blood, alone, was not worth of my time or money. I swore off ob.gyns at that point. I had no more children - thank heavens - and didn't need to see another ob/gyn for close to ten years after this. I would take my chances with cancer before going back to one.Well, I saw Dr. Blumenthal (decided NW should have good ones or at least they would't let me die too easily) this past year for acute pelvic pain and massive monthly bleeding. Yes she does have a surgery day, but this is probably a front that scheduling assistants use to prevent too many surgeries per week for non-emergency procedures; we women are complicated. Yes she does seem pre-occupied at the bed-side at times, but I have learned to ask questions of doctors holding my life (valuable to me) in their hands. So I had no problems talking to her and she took the time to answer my questions to the best of her knowledge at the time; more so than others before her. I felt she cared - at least for the time in the office with me. She performed surgery on me; I wasn't thrilled with this mind you. I was surprised she came to see me the next day in the hospital room. The last couple of surgeries I never saw the surgeon until the post-op office visit. Not really necessary I guess, since i could figure out on my own that i was alive and sort of moving around -- the surgery must have gone alright whatever happened in the OR. My expectations aren't really high anymore I guess. I expected the distace mentioned before about Dr. Blumenthal, but she surprised me. We have to remember we women are complicated and we know our bodies - don't be afraid to speak up and seek; doctors are human beings too. We have to be the ones opening up and objecting when things don't seem right and we know it. Maybe all this malpractise law suit worries eats away at all of our doctors compassion today. Follow the book and you won't be sued - maybe. Too bad for us patients - we kind of did to ourselves with our over-zealous desire to sue the slightest of error and to err is human. Dr. Blumenthal is a great doctor and skilled surgeon. I trusted her with my life recently and she came through with flying colors. I thank her for her time, skills and compassion.

February 13th, 2009

First time & the entire medical service was great & the waiting was quick & the doctor was patient, understanding & effecient & bright. The receptionist was polite and spontaneous..very happy

March 22nd, 2017