Dr. Jane Ammons Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jane Ammons?

May 20th, 2017

Glad to have left this doctor

Dr. Ammons was suspicious every time I needed to renew my prescription for anxiety medication and made me feel bad that I needed to take something, even though I maintained the same dosage and time in between refills. She made it very difficult to travel or be out of town for any reason when it was time to refill, because she would imply I was abusing the medication if I need to refill early when going on vacation.. When I switched doctors, staff threatened me that I left, Dr. Ammons would not take me back. I would not go back or recommend others to start seeing Dr. Ammons.

November 17th, 2016

The first time I saw her, she had her back to me and was writing. She did turn around and looked at me and said "well, you don't look depressed". I called her on it a few visits later and she admitted that she remembers saying that to someone else and he got up and almost hit her. One would think that after that she would not have commented on that to anyone else. She rarely looks you in the eye and gets upset when you question her. She asked me what kind of medication that I wanted on. I told her that she was the doctor and shouldn't she be telling me that. I will be looking for another doctor.

September 7th, 2016

Very Unfriendly!

July 19th, 2016

Disappointed

She owns her own practice. So she went from very educated and knowledgeable to all about the money. How many patients see can see, promptness, in and out . Basically If you plan on her getting to know you besides ' strict to the the basics' plan elsewhere. I have been in her office for the last 10 years, I saw a nurse Practioner ,Scott ( after Ammons dropped me off to him ) , who I did indeed like a lot. She will not go the extra mile for her patients. She rushed my mom in and out and then charged her extra money for not paying at the time of the visit? Any possible way she can get you an extra appointment so she can charge she will. Doctors who care for people in this environment should be a little more empathetic. It's people's livelihood and sanity at stake. I truly feel as if she has put in a lot of time into her career, and at one time was a very good doctor but now has forgotten the reason she became a psychiatrist.

February 15th, 2016

Dr Ammons spends very little time with her patients. She rushs the appointment. She does not seem to genuinely care about her patients or is interested in what they are saying. She asks a questions and expects a quick to the point answer and is not interested in hearing more. She zones out pretty quickly. She does not really seem to be interested in what is going on with you or how you are doing. She doesn't care to get to know you. She pretty much looks at her papers and writes the whole time and makes little eye contact.

August 10th, 2015

Don't Disagree with Ammons or her staff...

I have been a patient of Dr. Ammons for almost 4 years and I am looking to replace her due to the obvious lack of kindness, compassion or interest in their patients well-being. I was making very little progress with Dr. Ammons for the first 2 years and when I challenged her ideas she was suddenly overbooked and I was transferred to one of her associates for the remainder of my care. The office is only open Monday through Thursday and is closed from 12:00 to 1:30 daily making it very difficult to get in touch with them. The staff is also incredibly rude and commonly blame mistakes they make on their patients. It seems to me that they have forgotten they are caring for the mentally ill and have no patience for their patients. Please try to find other avenues of psychiatric care before seeing Dr. Ammons and Associates.

March 8th, 2017