Dr. Jane Curry MD Patient Reviews

3.1

July 24th, 2014
Never Again....Ashburn Pediatrics!
We've had the unfortunate experience of being scheduled with Dr. Jane Curry twice at our Pediatrician office of over 7 years. This is not our regular doctor there and didn't request her. However, she may be a new doctor at Ashburn Pediatrics and we're getting the slip....Twice!! We've never had a problem in the past but plan to make certain we're not scheduled with her again. Each time Dr. Jane performed a sub-par annual health screening focusing mostly on the growth chart in a negative/demeaning way. Questions/health issues I had she went right over them several times never addressing those concerns that iv'e noted in the course of the year. She failed to check ears, throat, or even use a stethoscope. Each time her focus was what my children had been eating to had gained the 5-7 lbs. that the chart reflected. She was really seeking a full diary of the family menu and I found myself oddly answering her with some resistance. She asked my daughter about the foods she liked to eat making her feel bad with the choices she made. I guess she was trying to get to the culprit, never gently, but in a tacky unprofessional way. Her mannerism was never held back , but said what she wanted despite how it made daughter and I feel. The first visit was for my other daughter that was 50% in her weight. She stressed that she was good but don't gain any weight or the following year could be an opposite report. Three months later second visit second daughter with 75-80% weight was crying as we left the office. She has a tender heart. This is so unprofessional to me that this happened and unraveled the way it did for this yearly appointment. Completely caught off guard and saddened about this. What a way to bust her preteen image. Not sure going back to our regular doctor would make this right. May leave altogether.

March 11th, 2011
Depending on the day
I love that Dr. Curry takes time to interact with her patients and their parent/s; however, her bedside manner fluctuates. She is very particular about the placement of things and phones. She is extremely thorough but tends to be unrealistic. Everybody is entiltled to a bad day here and there but if you catch Dr. Curry on a bad day be prepared. She tarries between thorough and unprofessional!

May 4th, 2009
Best Pediatrician in Baton Rouge, Dr. Jane Curry
My children have been going to Dr. Curry since she began at Stanocola. She is a wonderful and caring doctor. She shows lots of love and compassion with your children and she remembers things about your children that you may not. When my now ten year daughter was about three years old she was hospitalized and she remembered how she love to put a lot of barrettes and twisters in her doll's hair so that it would look like her hair. I would not trade Dr. Curry to any doctor in Baton Rouge she is very knowledgeable of her job and it's obvious that she has a lot of compassion for children. She is the best.