Dr. Jane Fitzpatrick MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Philadelphia, PA

4.8

April 27th, 2017
Outstanding Patient-centered Care
The Drexel Center for Women’s Health provides outstanding, patient-centered care from your first call to your last visit. After several years with them, I have come to know and appreciate the front desk staff, nurses, and doctors, who have helped me navigate complex systems and diligently treated my many ailments. The staff members at the front desk, whether you are calling or visiting in person, are knowledgeable, communicative, and helpful; it is clear that they genuinely care about the service they provide. They are conscious of the fact that medical appointments can bring about a number of stressors, such as jumping through insurance hoops, scheduling around a busy life, and, of course, managing concerns about your health and well-being. To limit these stressors, the front desk staff at the Drexel Center for Women's Health will work on your behalf to the fullest extent of their abilities. For me, this commitment to patient care once resulted in having a conference call with my insurance company to make sure that I received the benefits to which I was entitled. Their expertise in dealing with these circumstances far exceeds my own, and their care and attention to detail have ensured that I am always covered. The nurses are similarly warm, welcoming, and very, very competent. Having spent time in several hospital settings, and having been raised by a nurse, I am familiar with the range of skills that nurses must hone in order to provide great patient care. The nurses at the Drexel Center for Women’s Health have done just that. Whether it is performing an assessment or drawing blood, they carry out their work deftly and with an eye to the needs of the whole patient, not just the particular task at hand. These are skills that cannot be taught, but instead must be learned through years of experience. Central to the Drexel Center for Women's Health is Dr. Fitzpatrick, who has been my primary care physician for the past several years. As I prepare to move across the country, I am anxious to find someone who can match the holistic approach she employs. While she can be direct and to-the-point when it is necessary to convey vital information in an accessible manner, she does not hesitate to have more personal conversations with her patients. For Dr. Fitzpatrick, getting to know me was not just about reading my charts; instead, she was keen to learn about my history, relationships, hobbies, and aspirations. These conversations not only led me to feel more comfortable communicating with my doctor, they also revealed key insights into my physical health, which could have easily been missed if Dr. Fitzpatrick had only been concerned with the numbers in my charts. While more and more doctors' offices are adopting an approach more akin to an assembly line than a medical practice, the Drexel Center for Women’s Health feels like you have your own team of highly-skilled medical professionals working on your behalf. If you are looking for excellent, holistic, patient-centered care, I highly recommend the Drexel Center for Women’s Health.

May 5th, 2014
Great primary care
My doctor left this practice and I was referred to Dr. Fitzpatrick. I had my first visit and it was great. She's very pleasant, asked a lot of questions and listened thoughtfully. She gave me good advice and offered a plan for follow up. The staff is always nice at this location, efficient and polite, always a short wait time.