Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Okay, but won't be using show details Okay, but won't be using
Aug 15th, 2016

Overall a poor experience. My husband and I had to wait over an hour to see Dr. Fredrick and then when we finally got to see her she only visited with us for about 15 minutes. She was nice, professional and knowledgeable but was a little more aggressive on the treatment plan than we were looking for. Her goal is to get you pregnant and I truly believe she can, but just be ready to take aggressive options...that are the most expensive.

Jan 23rd, 2016

Go see the other doctors in her practice, you will have a better experience.

Dr. Frederick is an ace show details Dr. Frederick is an ace
Jul 27th, 2015

We can't recommend Dr. Frederick enough. She made us feel good through the entire process. TTC and infertility is a tough thing for any couple to go through. But she made it all seem painless. Her staff always responded asap and were very courteous. After bad experiences with other REs, we feel so lucky to have found her.

Dr. Frederick is exceptionally knowledgeable and kind show details Dr. Frederick is exceptionally knowledgeable and kind
by Southern Mama on Jun 29th, 2015

Dr. Frederick made our dreams come true. We have two beautiful boys - ages 3 and soon to be 2. They would not be here without Dr. Frederick. She genuinely cared about us and the tragedies we had experienced before coming to see her. A kinder, more thoughtful doctor does not exist. I encourage anyone who is having a difficult fertility journey to seek Dr. Frederick's assistance. She has a top notch facility with impeccable standards for client care.

Rude, rushed, heartless show details Rude, rushed, heartless
by Kathleen on Jan 10th, 2015

Dr. Frederick is a terrible doctor. Maybe she cared about her patients early on in her career, but it is evident that now she doesn't. First of all, she was never on time for my appointments with her. My average wait time was 45-60 minutes, even when my appointment times were changed to accommodate her schedule. She was a terrible listener. Dr. Frederick did not care to hear my concerns or answer questions. I was told to ask my coordinator, Behnaz. Behnaz, was not only rude and difficult to reach, but she was also incompetent beyond belief. She would not read her emails thoroughly, gave me misinformation, and ordered the wrong amount of meds for me. She is also very disorganized. She must have asked me the same questions via email a dozen times. No matter how many times I responded, she would forget in a week. Shouldn't you write info down in my chart if you're not going to remember? These coordinators are not even RN's. Behnaz is an ultrasound technician. This explains it.

Had a very good experience show details Had a very good experience
Oct 30th, 2014

Thanks to God, our first IVF-FET cycle with Dr. Frederick was successful. Besides being an expert with tons of experience, Dr. Frederick is very courteous and warm. She replied to our urgent email queries even on weekends. Would highly recommend her. It's really convenient that everything is taken care in same facility, including blood withdrawal, ultrasounds, surgery and wait times were fine - much better than wait times at labs.

Best Dr show details Best Dr
by Aarthi on Apr 29th, 2013

Dr frederick was very compassionate and friendly.Its worth every minute to wait in her office to see her.Even though we conceived naturally after our IVF.She took care of us and saw us through our first trimester.We were closely monitored and given updates.She answered my every silly question i had through email.She would reply back the same day even if its a weekend.Behnaz(ivf coordinator) was fantastic.she would email me right away to keep me calm.I cant say how happy iam was with level of service i got.They are very responsible bunch of people.I would truly recommend Dr frederick and Behnaz for treatments.

Thank You!!! show details Thank You!!!
by Kirsten K on Apr 11th, 2013

Thank you to Dr. Frederick and staff at HRC Laguna Hills. We are currently 10 weeks pregnant with our first child after our first IVF try and with only 2 embryos surviving to transfer when transfer day came. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for me. They helped me out financially and with some meds. They were always extremely quick to respond to any questions I had. Priscilla even answered my call on a Saturday night when I was freaking out. I never felt pressured to do IVF, Dr. Frederick let me go at my own pace and always gave me all my options and would explain to me why something we would try did not work. Dr. Frederick and her staff were always patient, and kind. I cant say enough good things about them. I will definitely be returning when we are ready to give our baby a sibling. Thank you Dr. Frederick. :)

Highly Recommended! show details Highly Recommended!
by Terry & Cristina T. on Mar 1st, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at HRC Fertility -- and with excellent results! We are expecting our little one in October!!! We had been referred by our insurance company to another Doctor first, and after paying thousands of dollars, we had no success. We then did some more research and consulted with Dr. Frederick at HRC -- and had positive results! We were also very happy with the staff -- everyone was very friendly and very positive. I would not suggest that anyone goes anywhere else.

Very happy with Dr. Frederick & HRC!! show details Very happy with Dr. Frederick & HRC!!
Feb 11th, 2013

After being unsatisfied with another fertility specialist, we switched to Dr. Frederick after reading her positive online reviews. She is extremely knowledgable, has a warm beside manner, her office/staff are very professional and she makes herself available to her patients via email, cell phone, etc. Given the emotional strain this process involves, it was very comforting to be able to reach her even during evenings and weekends to answer our questions. Felt like we were in very good hands the entire time, and we were successful on our 2nd attempt!

Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Frederick and her staff were amazingly supportive and very professional. From the very beginning, I was so appreciative of Dr. Frederick's honest and professional opinion. She always explained procedures, data, and the process, in great detail and made sure that we understood what was going on. Because fertility procedures cost so much money, Dr. Frederick and her staff made sure that we were only paying for NECESSARY tests and medication. Every step was delicately handled and all of our questions were answered right away. Dr. Frederick even called me from her cell phone on a Saturday afternoon! We are so grateful to Dr. Frederick for her kindness and expertise.

Aug 1st, 2012

I cannot speak higher of Dr. Frederick and the HRC Fertility Staff. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for over a year. After my first consultation with Dr. Frederick I was confident and reassured in our near future and starting a family. Six weeks later, we became pregnant! We are expecting twins in the spring and could not be more thrilled! We are eternally grateful to Dr.Frederick! Thank you HRC!

Jun 26th, 2012

We have had the greatest help with Dr. Frederick, who was very supportive of our choices, very personal through the good and bad times and was successful in making our dream come true. She is open and honest about chances, up front with everything that can happen and will try everything she can to make a cycle successful. While the waiting at an appointment can be long, we were always able to reach them by phone or email when we had questions or worries in between. They were also most helpful with our (less than great) insurance, dealing with them on the phone and spending time to get us the best priced medication possible. After spending much time online and reading stories from other doctors and clinics, I would always recommend HRC and Dr. Frederick.

great office! great doctor!! show details great office! great doctor!!
May 16th, 2012

My daughter attended HRC for treatment of infertility. Her experience was great. I attended some appointments with her, and the staff and doctor couldn't have been nicer. Highly recommend HRC and Dr. Frederick!!

4 stars! show details 4 stars!
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. Frederick is incredible. She is kind, knowledgeable, and passionate about what she does. She helped us to conceive on our first IUI round. We are so happy and greatful for everything Dr. Frederick has done for us. I would recommend Dr. Frederick and the HRC Staff to anyone looking to conceive.

Mar 28th, 2012

Thank you HRC Team show details Thank you HRC Team
Mar 22nd, 2012

I completed two IVF cycles with Jane Frederick and wouldnt go to anyone else. She and her staff are so caring and were very thorough in all of my appointments. Although I got pregnant with the first IVF cycle, I lost the baby after a car accident. Everyone was so caring when I was going through such a difficult time. It made me feel like they really care about their patients, which is ultimately what convinced me to try it again. The second time was a success also and I have now been released into the care of a regular OB. Jane and her team of nurses and staff have always acted professional and yet shown their softer side to me, which is needed when you and your family are going through such difficult decisions.

A miraculous gift... show details A miraculous gift...
Mar 2nd, 2012

My wife and I researched a half dozen doctors/facilities and interviewed our "final four". Dr. Fredrick was, in our opinion far and away the best fit for us. She is knowledgeable and exceedingly qualified, kind and compassionate, managed our expectations with care and, delivered when it really mattered. We will not hesitate to consult with moving forward, and she is our only choice should we need a fertility doctor again in the future. We strongly recommend Dr. Jane Fredrick... she delivers!

Jan 22nd, 2012

Dr. Frederick and the HRC staff provided great patient care and were honest about the likelihood of becoming pregnant. Janet was the nurse who worked with us and she was very helpful. Both Dr. Frederick and Janet always promptly got back to us when we called or e-mailed. The whole staff at HRC was very helpful. We were easily able to make all appointments, and we promptly received receipts for all of our procedures. When I went to see Dr. Frederick I had a very high FSH level. She put me on high levels of follistem and attempted to get eggs from me. She was very honest about the fact that it was not likely that I would produce any eggs even with the medication because of my FSH level. The day that I went in and found out I did produce any viable eggs, Dr. Frederick went over my options with me and offered to try again with a higher medication level. She did tell me that we could try as many times as I wanted, but given my FSH levels it was very unlikely I would get any good eggs. I went home and did some research, and I found that most doctors would not have even attempted to get an egg from me because of my high levels. We opted to do a cycle using donor eggs. This past Christmas we welcomed a beautiful baby girl! Many people have asked me how I feel about the fact that I had to use donor eggs rather than my own. I do not have any problem at all with using donor eggs, but I know I would always have wondered if we had not tried to get my eggs first. I am extremely grateful that Dr. Frederick tried to get my eggs, when so many others would not have. We will definitely be returning to Dr. Frederick to try again with some of our frozen embryos.

A show details A
Oct 23rd, 2011

My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I worked with Dr. Frederick. She did not push IVF on us. The staff was friendly and professional. She was upfront about our chances and what to expect. There were no surprises. She didn't promise anything except their best effort. Anyhow, if you go knowing that nothing is guaranteed, you will see that this place is absolutely great.

Oct 10th, 2011

ONE OF THE BEST, MOST CARING PHYSICIANS I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH. SHE GIVES YOU HER PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND ALWAYS RESPONDS WITHIN 1 DAY. WE GOT PREGNANT ON OUR FIRST TRY WITH DR FREDERICK!

SCORED!!! show details SCORED!!!
Aug 11th, 2011

Today was our last visit at HRC. We have "graduated" and are continuing with our prenatal care. As you can guess... our 1st cycle was a success and it's thanks to Dr. Jane Frederick and her staff!Since day one, the staff were very friendly and supportive. At the beginning, we were a bit puzzled as to why they were talking to us as if they're CERTAIN it was going to work considering the statistics say it's a 40% chance of success. But it felt good so we went along. I read a couple of the bad reviews on this site and noticed people's biggest complaint was the tardiness. Yeah, she runs a little late. Once we waited a WHILE... but to be honest... isn't that the #1 complaint at any doctor's office? "Why do they make appointments if they can't keep them?" But have people just thought or considered maybe it's because she's giving every patient the right amount of attention? Answering all they're questions? I felt she's thorough, and answered all our questions on the spot. After we heard the great news, I received a call in regards to my test results from either Janet or Debbie and they seemed so personal. I truly believe they really care! And not just that... we both received a great good-bye hug by a few of the staff and Dr. Frederick wishing us luck throughout the rest of our pregnancy. We weren't expecting that but it felt great.We will definitely return because we are certainly not done! <3

Dr. Frederick & HRC are excellent!! show details Dr. Frederick & HRC are excellent!!
Jun 27th, 2011

HRC is a wonderful fertility treatment center! I was blown away at the care and attention they give to each patient and was extremely happy with my time there.Everyone who worked there (including the front office staff), were superb!!! I saw Dr. Frederick and her Nurse Janet the majority of the time and they were both extremely responsive to my needs. I also saw Nurse Practitioner Cindy a few times and also was pleased with all her help. From the first consultation, I felt very comfortable in their hands and they were very encouraging along the way.One of the major pluses was that both Dr. Frederick and her Nurse Janet corresponded with me via email (this is very important to me!) - they even answered my emails on their days off!Luckily, we had positive results and got pregnant within 2 cycles of IUI...Dr. Frederick did a wonderful job of monitoring my progress and making changes to my treatment whenever necessary. The ONLY negative thing I can possibly say is that I did wait a bit for a couple of appointments, but I've never been to a doctor where I didn't have to wait...and comparing to other doctors I've been to, their wait was pretty short.In all, I was extremely happy with HRC and would go back in a second if we decide to conceive again.

Apr 29th, 2011

I love Dr. Frederick and the entire staff of HRC. I wouldn't go any where else. I can't say enough nice things about her!!!

If you looking for a great RE.... show details If you looking for a great RE....
Apr 13th, 2011

We are another success story with Dr Frederick at HRC in Laguna Hills. First, let me say how compassionate and understanding Dr Frederick is. My husband and I are recently bereaved parents, wanting to try for another baby a little later in life, and Dr Frederick gave us hope and caring. Having a female RE to help me through this made all the difference, and Dr Frederick has a great bedside manner and has time for ALL my questions (of which I had many). We are now 9 weeks pregnant with a singleton, and have graduated over to our regular ob/gyn.. We couldn't be more pleased with a doctor or a clinic.

Previous Patient show details Previous Patient
Mar 4th, 2011

Dr. Frederick was an extremely caring doctor, one who made you feel validted and important. She took the time necessary to meet your emotion and physical needs. She has a way about her that makes you feel secure and well-taken care of. I have recommended her to many over the years and would use her again in a heart beat!

Feb 23rd, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Fredericks for 3 years now, I have two beautiful healthy children. I would strongly recommend anyone to HRC/Dr. Frederick!

Pregnant our first try! show details Pregnant our first try!
Feb 11th, 2011

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant from our first try with Dr. Frederick. We have been trying for several years and were so happy and surprised by how quickly she was alble to help us. She is a very kind, knowledgeable and experienced doctor. She is also very comprehensive in her approach. (I love the vitamins she started me on.) I felt very well cared for from start to finish. Her staff was always helpful and warm and Janet her nurse coordinator was always prompt in calling me back to answer any questions. I highly recommend her to anyone serious about getting pregnant. You will be in very good hands. We will always be so thankful to Dr. Frederick for helping us get our little bundle of joy.

PREGNANT OUR 1ST MONTH WITH DR. FREDERICK show details PREGNANT OUR 1ST MONTH WITH DR. FREDERICK
Jan 26th, 2011

After two emotional years of trying to get pregnant my husband and I were referred to Dr. Frederick. We BOTH cant say enough about what a wonderful experience we had working with her and her staff. Within one month/cycle of being with Dr. Frederick she was able to diagnose the problem, did each part of the procedure herself and got us pregnant on her first try! Finding her was truly a blessing! She is such a comforting and soothing person through what is such an emotional journey. All the advice she provided (she even gives you her direct email) has gotten us to where we are today pregnant and thrilled! We were actually sad to say goodbye to Dr. Frederick at our last visit but we would definitely work with her again if/when we need help having a sibling in the future. Shes the best!

2 Successful Pregnancies! show details 2 Successful Pregnancies!
Dec 17th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Frederick by my OB. During my initial visit she was very kind and helpful. We conceived a son on our first try with Dr. Frederick. He is now a year old and we are pregnant with twins. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Paul was my coordinator with my first son and Janet as my nurse and they were both super! I worked primarily with Janet as she was still just wonderful. I would totally recommend Dr. Frederick.

AMAZING DOCTOR HIGHLY RECOMMENDED show details AMAZING DOCTOR HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Dec 3rd, 2010

We went to Dr. Frederick after almost 2 years of trying to get pregnant and she was amazing. She came as a recommendation from my OB and I am so grateful to have had her through this process. Once all the test were run she went through our options with us and was just a perfect professional. She had the perfect bedside manner and didn't give us false hope but also was encouraging and nurturing. We ended up choosing to do IVF and had multiple appointments and visits with her and never had a problem with scheduling or waiting once in the office. I feel like she really laid everything out for us to make the decision that was right for our family and I just can't say enough how awesome she is. Her staff is amazing especially Janet, who was just so helpful and understanding. Dr. Frederick and her staff really made this difficult process as easy as possible for us and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. We ended up having a successful pregnancy through IVF and she was right there every step always checking up and making sure my hormone levels were appropriate, I felt well taken care of. Now we our the parents to 2 amazing little boys and there is no way this could have ever happened without Dr. Frederick. Like I said she is just amazing and I feel blessed to have had her in my life. I have recommended her to other friends and family and have never heard anyone have a bad experience. I would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility. Good luck and god bless.

Dr. Frederick show details Dr. Frederick
Jun 2nd, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor for any infertility issues. I feel this doctor did not have any Bedside manner, did not spend time with me, when I had questiones and wanted explanaations, she was unapprochable, vague, and defensive. I spent a lot time, energy, and money at this doctor's office that I'm very regretful about. Please do your research before choosing a doctor and looks at the patients ratings before picking one. All info. that was given to you by the doctor was vague and tests results were not shared with you or explained to you. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!

No respect for her patients show details No respect for her patients
by Sean B on Dec 26th, 2009

My wife and I had gone to Dr. Frederick and were very dissapointed after giving her several attempts to shine.Every single appointment we had with Jane, she was 15-40 minutes late. There was a total disregard for her patients time on every occasion. In an effort to make sure the good Dr. was not backlogged by other appointments, we always took her first available in the morning but she this did not matter. Everytime, she always apologized for being late, and gave a sorry excuse but it was obviously just the way she operates. She would always try to play on our emotions too, by trying to make us feel like she was doing us a favor. The last appointment we had with her, and we commented that her habitual lateness was causing havok on our schedules, she had the nerve to tell us that she had a migraine (which is why she was late) but she wanted to make sure she came in for US because she new what an important date it was for US. I think it is implorable that she would work off of peoples emotions especially when they are obviously in a very delicate state of mind if they are to be seeking her services.Beyond the dieregard for our own schedules, HRC would not give us invoices at the time we had services renderred, and then when we would come in for our next appointment we'd be informed that our account was frozen for lack of payment. This occurred 2 days after I was in the office and requested to bring us current on all current billings and was told there were none.In our initial consultations, we had enquired where her successes ranked amongst other fertility Drs and she dodged the question. We asked her the question again, directly, and she dodged it once more by mentioning that she has more than 20 years experience in the field. We had already known that she was just about average, if not a little bit below, but were still staying with her because she came from a recommendation and did not have any other recommendations to go off of. It was still frustrating that she could not be straight forward with us about something we already knew.I must say that Dr Frederick's patient consultant, Paula Hagen, was very helpful and did help out as much as she could. I feel sorry that Paula is more concerned with her patients than the doctor that she works for.When in the wating room one day, my wife had made a comment to another woman waiting to see Dr. Frederick, about how she always ran late. The other lady made a comment that Yes she is always late, but we need her more than she needs us. I do not agree with that, and to the contrary at that. I think you should go to the one Dr. that appreciates her clients through and through. I need to know that she is looking out for my needs throughout the entire process. Many doctors are there because they enjoy helping people and others are just looking for a paycheck. Dr. Frederick falls into the later category.In short; neither my wife, nor I, would recommend Dr. Frederick to anyone looking for fertility services.