inactive

• Psychiatry Syracuse, NY

• Good
  • Bad

October 29th, 2013
The best of the best!!! She is my Dr.
Wonderful service, the office is very discrete and private. Dr. Kou support me on accepting my diagnose and the importance on taking the medications. She understands me. The secretary has always a smile and is willing to change my appointments, or answer questions and or leave a quick message to the Dr. Several times, I needed to contact Dr. Kou, and she returned my calls. Dr. Kou listens, remember her patients, and responsibly adjust the medication based on the need of her patients with truly confidence.

May 9th, 2012
Very caring and intelligent. Allows you to make an appointment on as need basis rather than mandatory 3 month check in. Runs her office very efficiently and intelligently. She seems truly concerned about her patients. I'm still searching for answers, but haven't found them anywhere else, either. I like her better than any other Psychiatrist I have seen to date.

January 30th, 2012
Disappointed
My physician told me Dr. Kou was the VERY BEST psychiatrist in Syracuse. I needed psychiatric care immediately, so I was glad that Dr. Kou had many appointments available. I tried to work with Dr. Kou for a year or two, trusting my physician's high recommendation, but she insisted on monitoring my medications nearly every month, and never earned my trust. Eventually, she misdiagnosed me which caused a flare-up in my mental illness, and I was able to transfer immediately to another psychiatrist who diagnosed and treated me appropriately. I am glad I switched nearly a year ago. Incidentally, I often had to leave messages for her with her receptionist, and then the receptionist relayed messages from Dr. Kou to me. This process resulted in several incidents of confusion and miscommunication.

July 15th, 2011
She's never there. Patient testimonial.
From my experience I was treated like a number instead of a person. Constantly finding myself rushed in and rushed out as a college student, I feel as though she is in her profession more for the money.One example that really hit me hard was when my insurance stopped. I asked her if it was possible to go on a payment plan and she instead wanted the money up front, cash only. Is this orthodox?Either way I would not recommend her to anyone. Contacting her is painful and I have to drive in if I want to call (since her voicemail works half the time). Her secretary also isn't great either and service is below average.Please reconsider before going with this doctor. If you like waiting for a doctor who is barely there and would like to pay the full price in cash if your insurance stops, then this the one for you. Thanks!

March 3rd, 2010