Dr. Jane Hughes MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2016
Good doctor
Knowledgeable doctor. Nice office and staff. Dr. was out of network with my insurance but the office helped submit the claim to my insurance company. The doctor's fees were fair and reasonable.

April 20th, 2016
Skilled doctor
Skilled eye doctor. Solved my problem.

February 5th, 2016
Ophthalmologist
I would like to clarify the recent review by a person who has misunderstood my reasons being unwilling to sign a contract with any insurance company to continue being an "in network" provider. The insurance companies have become increasingly intrusive in their attempt to manage the care I render for my patients, most egregiously through mandatory cheap (and many times ineffective) generic drugs with punitive cost differentials. I have lowered all of my fees with a totally transparent fee schedule that is on my website. We have also returned to filing for our patients as an "out-of-network" provider. I render charitable care when needed, and we make payment arrangements. This is not about money, although I do not apologize for my fees which I set with every consideration. This is about my ability to practice state of the art ophthalmologic care for my patients and assume responsibility for their care and healthcare education.

November 27th, 2015
If you have unlimited funds and don't need to rely on insurance, go see Jane Hughes
I appreciate the fact that this doctor performs well, but unfortunately, her attitudes about the good of her patients seems based in her need to make lots of money. She is proud of her work and wants you to pay out of pocket. If you are part of the 1% and can afford medical care without considering cost, She is great! But if you want someone who is working because she wants to help her clients, forget it! Her goal is to make a profit. If she has to be bothered with paperwork that helps you obtain her services… Forget it!

October 16th, 2015
She is the best!

March 23rd, 2015
Highly recommend!
She is so knowledgeable that she can clearly and patiently explain EVERYTHING and answered every question I had--always responded in a timely manner to phoned-in concerns--an amazing woman and an amazing surgeon. The slight demerit on promptness is understandable because she will spend extra time with a patient to assuage his or her fears and concerns. Sometimes it puts her a little behind schedule.

March 21st, 2013
Will Never Change Doctors
Been a patient of Dr. Hughes for 25+ years. She has literally saved my eye sight. My highest compliment is that all my family and many friends now see her.

May 11th, 2012
impressed
smart, personable doctor

March 20th, 2012
Everytime I've seen Dr. Hughes it was an unscheduled appointment due to issues I was having with my eyes. They always worked me in and Dr. Hughes was awesome. Even allowing me to contact her outside office hours when problems persisted or reoccurred.

April 2nd, 2010