A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jane Portnoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jane Portnoy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jane Portnoy, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Injuries
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Graves Ophthalmopathy
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Optic Nerve Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnoy graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Portnoy has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Portnoy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jane Portnoy practice?
Dr. Jane Portnoy practices Ophthalmology near Darby, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Darby Ophthalmologists.