A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jane Semel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jane Semel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jane Semel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Semel graduated from University of Southern California , Los Angeles.
Dr. Semel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Semel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 8 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans