Dr. Jane Atkerson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 1st, 2013
Not Impressed
I used Dr.Atkerson in 2011 for the birth of my son. In appointments she could either be friendly but rushed or cold, dismissive, and rushed, depending on her mood. At the birth she was cold, dismissive, and rushed. Threatened me with a c-section when both baby and I were fine, things simply weren't moving fast enough for her tastes. I required a couple vaginal stitches post birth so the following day when Dr.Atkerson made her rounds I asked her how many stitches I had needed, she scoffed, somewhat rolled her eyes, and mockingly said, "I didn't count." Needless to say, I'm not using her with my second pregnancy... Opted for a midwife instead.

September 9th, 2011
Love her!
My experience with Dr. Shows-Atkerson began with a slight uncertainty. I was specifically looking for a Dr. who could provide that personal connection during a most vulnerable time (after a string of Dr's who could have cared less). I decided after maybe 2 minutes that she was definitely a thorough, committed Dr, and decided to stick with my choice. I'm so pleased that I did, because my slight uncertainty quickly evolved into amazement! She is caring and makes me feel so comfortable. I have been entirely impressed and am so grateful to have finally found a physician who understands that I am a PERSON and not just a PATIENT. I would highly recommend her AND the practice, as I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with every office visit.

October 13th, 2008
Dr. Shows is very refreshing ...
Her Schertz office is clean and bright, and she is very relaxed and pleasant to be around. Best GYN I've ever been to.