Dr. Jane Starr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 3rd, 2013
Going to the gynecologist is something every woman has to do. But considering how personal it is, it's no wonder many of us feel nervous or self-conscious when it’s time for the yearly exam. Though shyness is perfectly normal, it can also hold you back from asking important questions or sharing information that your doctor needs to treat you. From menstrual cycle issues

May 27th, 2013
Not a caring doctor at all
I have to give her credit for being an experienced doctor that's why I chose her, but so are so many more in Houston. I sure will NOT see her again after the last experience, she is a 3 minute type doctor who will not listen to your questions and yes she will leave that room in no more than 3 minutes-5 minutes and leave you talking. I was surprised such a nice hospital and fancy clinic could have a doctor that doesn't care about people like that, even her staff would be ashamed for the lack of care she presented many times. She is not rude, she is just cold, barely touched my belly when I was expecting, did not give me prior info as I was a new mom, I was just hopeless and wanted to cry every time I left the office, though I tried to be positive it was just an unpleasant situation overall. As I needed to come back for a small but urgent complication after birth amongst other major complications I had, she mentioned nothing was wrong with me and 2 months later I had to see another doctor in the same clinic because she wasnt there that day , all this time living with the urgency and only then I was able to have a small procedure to take care of it when it could have been done 2 months prior and saved me unnecessary pain and bleeding, unfortunately I was incredibly mistreated by her colleague as well even after a painful procedure and was chargec for it though it was post partum related, her colleague obviously didn't know me but was extremely upset I had to come in for the urgency....rude, rude, rude, where are the care for our patients???? If you want a doctor who is willing to spend no more than3- 5 minutes with you, not discuss the many things you need to know as a future mom, not give you any instructions after labor and have you follow all her orders without questions, then yes this is the doctor to have. I personally do not recommend her or the clinic to anyone and it makes me sad having great insurance, paying everything upfront and going to such a high class clinic, the personal care for patients when I needed was not there......the clinic staff is so impersonal, they use tablets to charge you and have you sign in so they deal with you the least possible. There are only two people there that were nice, the lady with the long hair at the check out and a PA who is not Dr. Starr's assistant. I'm trying to forget the horrible experience and appreciate the fact my child was healthy despite my health and that labor was a quick and as less painful as possible, I could almost say I had a great labor, and it was possibly because of Dr, Starr's experience, but I will switch doctors regardless because the quality she posesses which is experience, many other doctor will also have it and care for patients is a big part of what defines a good doctor to me and that she lacks. For my next child I want a doctor that we will remember as someone who is a friend of our family and someone I would recommend to friends and family.

August 9th, 2012
She is good!
She is a competent doctor. Only issue is that she is over loaded with work so she doesn't give you enough time. Otherwise, she is very methodical. There is just one triaj nurse for 4-5 doctors and she is so over occupied with work. They should be one nurse for max. 2 doctors.

April 12th, 2010
Love Her :)
I love Dr. Starr. I moved here half way through my first pregnancy and not only was she way better than my previous OB/GYN, but she is extremely sweet, caring, and will have time to answer your questions. I love that about her. She is also very practical and helpful to ensure all your needs and wants are met. :)

September 3rd, 2009
GREAT doctor!
She is EXCELLENT, compassionate and knowledgable.. all that you need in an OB GYN. I cant say enough good things about her, she truly does have a heart and wishes the best for her patients. She will go over and beyond for you if you are in need.