inactive

Jane Taylor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 12th, 2015
Kind , caring and always squeezes me in if there is an emergency.

June 15th, 2015
dr Jane Taylor
Dr Jane Taylor is the best dermatologist I have seen in 30 years. Her ability to accurately diagnose moles and pigmented skin lesions is second to none.

April 18th, 2013
Low-key and easy
I have been a patient of Dr. Taylor's for a decade. I like and trust her, but when she was over at 200 W 57th I experienced some of the long wait times that people have complained about here. Happily, she has recently downsized and moved her practice to 57 W 57th. It's now just her and a small staff, who were very courteous and efficient. I only waited a few minutes, and she spent plenty of time with me (I was there for a mole screening], no rush. I have always found her to be thorough and conservative--so if she thinks something should be biopsied, I trust her. She does a little soft sell on the botox and fillers, but she's not aggressive about it at all. I'm very happy to continue as her patient.

February 10th, 2012
The jury is out
I have been going to Dr. Taylor for several years on recommendation from a friend. I have fair skin and freckles, and she has identified several spots to be biopsied - several (but not all) of these came back abnormal and the lab recommended excision (surgery to remove larger spot). My first though was that she is an excellent doctor and really catches things. Lately, after she has found something to biopsy during every visit (come see me in another 3 months), it seems she is finding a suspicious spot after just a cursory glance. I do have melanoma in my family and would rather be on the safe side, but without a second opinion, I have no idea whether these biopsies and excisions are valid, (and they do leave scars), or whether I'm just being milled for fees. In addition, two associates who did my excisions both were gone a year later, and I'm not sure how usual that turnover is. Does anyone have feedback on this? I am thinking of going to a doc who has the technology to examine skin without doing a biopsy.

July 18th, 2011
The worst dermatologist ever
This doctor is as cold as a fish. No bedside manner at all, no personality. She stood 3-4 feet away from me to look at my body and never checked any of my moles. She made me wait 20 minutes in the waiting room and 30 minutes in the other room. I had to wear a tissue paper gown. She made me feel very uncomfortable. My own doctor recommended her to me and told me to ask her for samples because the medicine the doctor would prescribe is expensive on it's own. I asked her 3 times in the office while she was examining me that my doctor said to ask for samples and all she said was "we'll get to that". When she left abruptly, she never mentioned the samples. I decided to wait for her after she saw another patient. Finally, I asked her again for the samples. And she looked at me blankly and said "Oh we don't have any". Can I say Wow, she made me wait 15-20 minutes afterwards just to lie to me! I told her that her tech should have told me that there wasn't any samples. So she says, well she didn't know what you wanted. Oh please. I mentioned it to her 3 times during the examination and to the tech. She couldn't tell me in the room. Can I say liar. Yes Yes Yes. I think that when she realised she couldn't get any more money out of me, she treated me like crap. I would not recommend anyone to her. The worst person and doctor ever. And let me tell you, her skin is not great, so how can she look at other people's skin. She gave me a prescription for an ointment that would cost me $100 out of pocket and she didn't tell me that that's what she was doing, I found out at the pharmacy. Hello, another surprise. I'm so disgusted with this doctor. She has a newspaper clipping pinned up everywhere in her office of her name being mentioned among the guests at a party for singers that have no where to go for the holidays. Umm, who cares. I guess I should have said I'm a singer then she would have treated me better.

July 4th, 2011
Try another doc
Dr. Taylor is cold and businesslike. No bedside manner whatsoever. Acts like she's doing me a favor. Not going there anymore!

October 10th, 2010
not sure she is the right dermatologist
I'm a healthcare professional myself, but not a physician. I was referred to Jane Taylor by a surgeon friend who has a close working relationship with her.Dr Taylor could not have been more ambiguous on purpose about her answers than any medical professional that I have seen in my life. And I have seen quite a few since I teach at a hospital and work in private practice as well.When asked about side effect of any treatment that she suggested, even when I specifically said to her, that I am there to hear her opinion as a dermatologist, since I'm not a physician, she replied repeatedly to "just go research it on Medline" with a condescending smirk- all the while her Physician Assistant standing on the side and sneering.If this is how they treat a professional colleague, I wonder how a lay person is treated.Being in the business of healthcare, I was very much conscious of the fact that I was being one annoying check mark on her schedule of reaching the day's projected gross revenue.