Dr. Jane Taylor Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jane Taylor?

Highly qualified

Posted on September 26th, 2017

would recommend Dr. Taylor for all dermatological procedures and treatments.

Excellent diagnostician.

Posted on June 28th, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Taylor for over ten years. She has been instrumental in catching five instances of early stage basil cell carcinoma on my face and neck. I recommend her highly.

Terrific caring doctor

Posted on March 11th, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Taylor's for 5 years. She has examined me for melanoma and performed anti-aging procedures. I have always found her to be conservative in her treatments, caring about my comfort and dedicated to spending as much time with me as needed. The office is staffed with helpful friendly people and she always makes an appearance when I am there for facial peels with her resident aesthetician, just to say "Hi". I have never had to wait in her office. I would (and have in many ocassions) recommend her highly.

Posted on September 12th, 2015

Kind , caring and always squeezes me in if there is an emergency.

dr Jane Taylor

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Dr Jane Taylor is the best dermatologist I have seen in 30 years. Her ability to accurately diagnose moles and pigmented skin lesions is second to none.

Low-key and easy

Posted on April 18th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Taylor's for a decade. I like and trust her, but when she was over at 200 W 57th I experienced some of the long wait times that people have complained about here. Happily, she has recently downsized and moved her practice to 57 W 57th. It's now just her and a small staff, who were very courteous and efficient. I only waited a few minutes, and she spent plenty of time with me (I was there for a mole screening], no rush. I have always found her to be thorough and conservative--so if she thinks something should be biopsied, I trust her. She does a little soft sell on the botox and fillers, but she's not aggressive about it at all. I'm very happy to continue as her patient.

The jury is out

Posted on February 10th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Taylor for several years on recommendation from a friend. I have fair skin and freckles, and she has identified several spots to be biopsied - several (but not all) of these came back abnormal and the lab recommended excision (surgery to remove larger spot). My first though was that she is an excellent doctor and really catches things. Lately, after she has found something to biopsy during every visit (come see me in another 3 months), it seems she is finding a suspicious spot after just a cursory glance. I do have melanoma in my family and would rather be on the safe side, but without a second opinion, I have no idea whether these biopsies and excisions are valid, (and they do leave scars), or whether I'm just being milled for fees. In addition, two associates who did my excisions both were gone a year later, and I'm not sure how usual that turnover is. Does anyone have feedback on this? I am thinking of going to a doc who has the technology to examine skin without doing a biopsy.

The worst dermatologist ever

Posted on July 18th, 2011

This doctor is as cold as a fish. No bedside manner at all, no personality. She stood 3-4 feet away from me to look at my body and never checked any of my moles. She made me wait 20 minutes in the waiting room and 30 minutes in the other room. I had to wear a tissue paper gown. She made me feel very uncomfortable. My own doctor recommended her to me and told me to ask her for samples because the medicine the doctor would prescribe is expensive on it's own. I asked her 3 times in the office while she was examining me that my doctor said to ask for samples and all she said was "we'll get to that". When she left abruptly, she never mentioned the samples. I decided to wait for her after she saw another patient. Finally, I asked her again for the samples. And she looked at me blankly and said "Oh we don't have any". Can I say Wow, she made me wait 15-20 minutes afterwards just to lie to me! I told her that her tech should have told me that there wasn't any samples. So she says, well she didn't know what you wanted. Oh please. I mentioned it to her 3 times during the examination and to the tech. She couldn't tell me in the room. Can I say liar. Yes Yes Yes. I think that when she realised she couldn't get any more money out of me, she treated me like crap. I would not recommend anyone to her. The worst person and doctor ever. And let me tell you, her skin is not great, so how can she look at other people's skin. She gave me a prescription for an ointment that would cost me $100 out of pocket and she didn't tell me that that's what she was doing, I found out at the pharmacy. Hello, another surprise. I'm so disgusted with this doctor. She has a newspaper clipping pinned up everywhere in her office of her name being mentioned among the guests at a party for singers that have no where to go for the holidays. Umm, who cares. I guess I should have said I'm a singer then she would have treated me better.

Try another doc

Posted on July 4th, 2011

Dr. Taylor is cold and businesslike. No bedside manner whatsoever. Acts like she's doing me a favor. Not going there anymore!

not sure she is the right dermatologist

Posted on October 10th, 2010

I'm a healthcare professional myself, but not a physician. I was referred to Jane Taylor by a surgeon friend who has a close working relationship with her.Dr Taylor could not have been more ambiguous on purpose about her answers than any medical professional that I have seen in my life. And I have seen quite a few since I teach at a hospital and work in private practice as well.When asked about side effect of any treatment that she suggested, even when I specifically said to her, that I am there to hear her opinion as a dermatologist, since I'm not a physician, she replied repeatedly to "just go research it on Medline" with a condescending smirk- all the while her Physician Assistant standing on the side and sneering.If this is how they treat a professional colleague, I wonder how a lay person is treated.Being in the business of healthcare, I was very much conscious of the fact that I was being one annoying check mark on her schedule of reaching the day's projected gross revenue.

Posted on March 14th, 2017