Dermatologists

200 W 57th St
Ste 510
New York, NY 10019
212-581-1866
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Low-key and easy  |  show details
by Leslie M. on Apr 18th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Taylor's for a decade. I like and trust her, but when she was over at 200 W 57th I experienced some of the long wait times that people have complained about here. Happily, she has recently downsized and moved her practice to 57 W 57th. It's now just her and a small staff, who were very courteous and efficient. I only waited a few minutes, and she spent plenty of time with me (I was there for a mole screening], no rush. I have always found her to be thorough and conservative--so if she thinks something should be biopsied, I trust her. She does a little soft sell on the botox and fillers, but she's not aggressive about it at all. I'm very happy to continue as her patient.

|  Unfriendly staff and long waits, but proficient doctors  |  show details
by mleb194 at Citysearch on Apr 13th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I have been going to Dr. Taylor`s office for about 5 years now. I have never met with Dr. Taylor, but with her colleagues two of whom are no longer there. The doctors have all been very friendly and knowledgeable, so I`ve continued to find a new dermatologist when the one I see leaves. I do wish the office notified patients when a doctor is leaving I didn`t find out until I called to book an appointment that my doctor had left a few months prior.My main complaint is that the receptionist is very unfriendly and seems to be annoyed with every request asked of her. Questions are answered in short responses, and I`m left feeling like my being there is bothersome to her. In a city like NYC, where there is an abundance of excellent physicians, I feel that a good staff is necessary to keep patients from going elsewhere.As others have commented, I usually am kept waiting about 30 minutes at each visit I usually wait the majority of the time in the examination room, which is frustrating because I have to miss work because of limited office hours. I always try to book their earliest appointment in the day to decrease the likelihood that they`ll be running late, but so far it hasn`t worked in my favor.I am strongly considering going to another dermatologist because I am not happy with my overall experience at Dr. Taylor`s office anymore.

|  The jury is out  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Taylor for several years on recommendation from a friend. I have fair skin and freckles, and she has identified several spots to be biopsied - several (but not all) of these came back abnormal and the lab recommended excision (surgery to remove larger spot). My first though was that she is an excellent doctor and really catches things. Lately, after she has found something to biopsy during every visit (come see me in another 3 months), it seems she is finding a suspicious spot after just a cursory glance. I do have melanoma in my family and would rather be on the safe side, but without a second opinion, I have no idea whether these biopsies and excisions are valid, (and they do leave scars), or whether I'm just being milled for fees. In addition, two associates who did my excisions both were gone a year later, and I'm not sure how usual that turnover is. Does anyone have feedback on this? I am thinking of going to a doc who has the technology to examine skin without doing a biopsy.

|  aesthetician the best!  |  show details
by cherylfav at Citysearch on Dec 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was stunned to read the personal attack in the review about Michele McVicar, Dr. Taylor`s Aesthetician. I have been going to Michele for 6 months and have several friends asking for her number now that they are seeing the enormous pay-off on my overall complexion after 6 months. I haven`t worked with Dr. Taylor yet, so I can`t make a judgement, but I haven`t been kept waiting with Michele. I find her sensitive to my moods--sometimes I want to chat, sometimes I`m pre-occupied she has been always responsive to my need to change schedules around and while I definitely have the kind of budget that requires me to save for my treatments, they are DEFINITELY worth it and I have begun getting compliments all of the time. I am stymied as to why anyone would have anything at all bad to say about Michele`s character or her work-ethic. She repeats in each session, \" easy does it\" and \"the turtle wins the race with skin care!\" and by God, she`s right!! I would also like to add that I have never had Michele \"push\" products at me. She has explained why she makes the recommendations that she does. And boy do they work! Liver spots and sun damage are dramatically lightened! Sorry that Sabrina didn`t give Michele a real chance--one treatment isn`t going to give you the results she promises in 6-months. And she tells you that before you even make your first appointment.

|  Long wait - pay upfront  |  show details
by eddieb02 at Citysearch on Dec 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had gone to this office for years. But it seems that there has been a lot of turnover the past year. At least 2 doctors i used to see have left.They always make you pay upfront co-pay, plus they ask for credit card which i didnt mind so much bc they were punctual and professional this is no longer the case. i arrived at 430 for my appointment, at 5pm i mentioned that i had to be somewhere at 530. i was told that appointments were only 15 minutes each so it shouldnt be much longer. My first thought was that i wish i got paid the sums they charge my insurance for 15 minutes of work... comes out to 1000 an hour, 8k a day or 2mil a yr. not badso at 510 i said that its been almost 45 minutes and that i would have to leave, they ushered me into the exam room where i sat for 10 more minutes and finally got up and left. They did give me back my co-pay and asked when i would like to reschedule.I wont go back because lately its been 45 minute wait and the time with the dr is 5-10 minutes tops. There are plenty of derms out there, who needs this BS

|  Long wait, pay upfront, walked out  |  show details
by Kathynyc at Citysearch on Dec 15th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I`ve been at this dr.`s office about 5 times over the last 7 years. It used to be a pleasant experience. Not going back. 1. This morning, right off the bat, they asked me for a copy of my credit card so that they can charge me if I don`t pay huh I`ve never not paid them right away. I refused.2. Next, they charged me for the 25 co-pay this is all before I saw the doctor. 3. I waited 25 minutes, asked for a refund at least they didn`t fight me on that and then left. Nobody apologized for the 25-minute wait or seemed to care that a patient had just walked out the door. There are other docs in town with a better attitude!There was another guy waiting along with me who was very upset about the wait.

|  I will be finding a new Dermatologist  |  show details
by NanoinManhattan at Citysearch on Dec 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been going to Jane Taylor for years. No more. The last time I was there was November 2011. She kept me waiting for an hour. Unacceptable. When she finally saw me she spent 6 minutes with me. She checked my skin, which she told me was fine. I then pointed out a little skin growth and she told me to make an appointment to come back so she could biopsy it. HUH I am right here, you are right here. Do it now Doc!. I have just waited 60 minutes to see you, you spent 6 minutes with me and you are telling me to come back for more of this nonsense I will be shopping around for a new Derm. ZERO STARS- CitySearch made me put one star minimum Note to Jane Taylor If I treated my Clients like you treated me I would be out of business in a week. Pooh.

|  GOOD DR -- CLINIC NEEDS OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENT  |  show details
by Sabrina18 at Citysearch on Nov 1st, 2011 on citysearch.com

PROS1 Dr. Taylor is a good doctor and knows her stuff. 2 Dr. Taylor is so good that she is very busy3 Her additional medical staff is okaygood and compliments her practice4 Reception is niceCONS1 I have been to the office numerous times and I was always on time and had to wait between 20-50 minutes. 50 minutes is A REALLY BAD WAIT TIME.2 If you can not take your patients in a timely manner, then don`t overbook for the day. It`s rather ridiculous. That is poor management or a doctor trying very hard to clock in as many appointments like a lawyer booking a 30-hour a day job, when there are only 24 hours in the day.3. Michelle Vicar the Esthetician -- IS WAY TOO CHATTY ... SHE SOUNDS LIKE A PUSHER, ALWAYS PUSHING TRYING TO BOOK IN EXTRA FACIALS OR PRODUCTS AND TO RING UP THE COSTS. IN REALITY, DR. TAYLOR DOESN`T NEED THE ESTHETICIAN. ALSO, YOU DON`T NEED TO BOOK THAT MANY FACIALS SHE COULD EASILY HIRE A NURSE AT HALF THE COST, WHO WOULD DO A MUCH BETTER JOB. MICHELLE DOES NOT LISTEN. IF SHE DOES A PEEL, SHE TRYS TO CHEAPEN IT USING WATER. IN REALITY, DRY ICE MINIMIZES ANY SWELLING FROM THE CHEMICALS. ICE HAS BEEN USED BY DOCTORS FOR DECADES. IN ADDITION, A NURSE WOULD DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. MICHELLE DOES A LIGHTWEIGHT JOB SO THAT SHE CAN BOOK MORE FACIALS. I`VE HAD BETTER PEELS BY NURSES WHO DO A BETTER JOB!!! 2 stars for Dr. TaylorLess 3 stars for Michelle`s low performance & the LONG WAIT TIME LUXURY I CAN NOT DONATE BASED ON MY JOB!!!I`m on the fence with finding a better managed dermatologist.

|  Agree with the negative reviews  |  show details
by soozychen at Citysearch on Oct 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I first went to Jane Taylor`s practice because 1 she took my insurance and 2 it was nearby my office. I did some rudimentary internet diligence and thought she was probably OK. The last three times I have visited the practice, Dr. Taylor was busy, so I saw two other doctors in the practice. They were fine, minimal wait time, but nothing to write home about.This time, though, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Taylor herself. I showed up for my appoint on time, however 50 minutes later, I was still in the waiting room. I wasn`t given an ETA on when I was going to be seen, so I had to leave as I work and had to go back to the office.Can`t comment on her bedside manner or attention, etc. as she make time to see me.It`s true - you get what you pay for - I`ll be paying out of pocket to see Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas going forward.

|  Go To Another Dermatologist  |  show details
by DEH160 at Citysearch on Aug 16th, 2011 on citysearch.com

After reading the reviews of Dr. Taylor, I decided to make an appointment with her about a small bump on my toe. Her bed side manner is non-existant, it was like dealing with a robot and worst of all she misdiagnosed an area of dry skin for a wart. She used cryotherapy to remove it. All that happened was a large blister formed and then a scar. I went to another doctor to confirm her misdiagnosis and he was shocked at how she could make that mistake.I`m pretty sure that she had her office staff write the good reviews about her on this website, because the person i met was definitely not he same Dr. Taylor described.Save your co-payments and go to a competent doctor the first time.

|  The worst dermatologist ever  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

This doctor is as cold as a fish. No bedside manner at all, no personality. She stood 3-4 feet away from me to look at my body and never checked any of my moles. She made me wait 20 minutes in the waiting room and 30 minutes in the other room. I had to wear a tissue paper gown. She made me feel very uncomfortable. My own doctor recommended her to me and told me to ask her for samples because the medicine the doctor would prescribe is expensive on it's own. I asked her 3 times in the office while she was examining me that my doctor said to ask for samples and all she said was "we'll get to that". When she left abruptly, she never mentioned the samples. I decided to wait for her after she saw another patient. Finally, I asked her again for the samples. And she looked at me blankly and said "Oh we don't have any". Can I say Wow, she made me wait 15-20 minutes afterwards just to lie to me! I told her that her tech should have told me that there wasn't any samples. So she says, well she didn't know what you wanted. Oh please. I mentioned it to her 3 times during the examination and to the tech. She couldn't tell me in the room. Can I say liar. Yes Yes Yes. I think that when she realised she couldn't get any more money out of me, she treated me like crap. I would not recommend anyone to her. The worst person and doctor ever. And let me tell you, her skin is not great, so how can she look at other people's skin. She gave me a prescription for an ointment that would cost me $100 out of pocket and she didn't tell me that that's what she was doing, I found out at the pharmacy. Hello, another surprise. I'm so disgusted with this doctor. She has a newspaper clipping pinned up everywhere in her office of her name being mentioned among the guests at a party for singers that have no where to go for the holidays. Umm, who cares. I guess I should have said I'm a singer then she would have treated me better.

|  Try another doc  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2011

Dr. Taylor is cold and businesslike. No bedside manner whatsoever. Acts like she's doing me a favor. Not going there anymore!

|  By Far the Best Dermatologist  |  show details
by CarolynRuth at Citysearch on Apr 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I`m 53 and since I was a teenager, I`ve always had one skin problem after another, and sometimes, several at the same time. I estimate having seen 20 dermatologists. Some of them were OK, but Dr. Taylor has by far the most effective combination of knowledge, communication skills, and concern for her patients. She works with me to keep my skin beautiful and trouble-free on an ongoing basis. I have great confidence now, knowing that I can maintain it. I know how to care for my skin day-to-day what I need to see her for routinely and if a new problem comes up, I feel confident she will have the answer.

|  DR JANE TAYLOR THE BEST!!!!  |  show details
by VICTORIAN at Citysearch on Mar 29th, 2011 on citysearch.com

DR. JANE TAYLOR IS THE BEST DR AND DERMATOLIGIST I HAVE EVER HAD. SHE HAS AMAZING BEDSIDE MANNER. SHE IS KNOWLEDGEABLE, INFORMATIVE AND SUPER CARING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER TO EVERYONE.....WITHOUT A DOUBT!!SHE TAKES HER TIME WITH ALL OF HER PATIENTS ...

|  Dr. Jane Taylor  |  show details
by Alan211 at Citysearch on Feb 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Taylor is my hero. Initially I went to see her for dermatitis on my hands. She saw a dark spot on my face she didn`t like, and performed a biopsy that was diagnosed as malignant melanoma. After sending me to an excellent melanoma surgeon, I feel like Dr. Taylor saved my life.My wife and i are both impressed with her knowledge, sense of humor, and concern for her patients. The entire staff is friendly & helpful and her office is conveniently located. Dr. Taylor is highly recommended.

|  I can`t believe the bad review for Dr. Jane Taylor  |  show details
by Joan Silleck at Citysearch on Feb 23rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Taylor for several years and, in fact, even though I moved out of New York to Virginia a year ago, I still make regular trips to see her. Why Because three years ago she discovered a small melanoma that I would never have noticed, biopsied it and then referred me to one of the most skillful melanoma surgeons in the city. A successfull outcome without even a scar to show for it!Being one of the most fair-haired, fair-skinned people on the planet, I have extensive skin damage from baking in the sun as a kid. Dr. Taylor knows the map of my skin much better than I do. She has discovered and removed a number of adnormal growths over the years. The discovery of a melanoma was life-saving.I have also found her to be thorough and very professional. She is always friendly but is totally concentrated when examining a patient. Moreover, her office staff are pleasant and helpful. Waiting time has been minimal.I can`t imagine ever switching to a different dermatologist. Can`t praise her enough for her good work!

|  Go to another Dermatologist  |  show details
by amytoo at Citysearch on Jan 26th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I`ve been to several dermatologist for I have a lot of moles. Dr. Jane Taylor has the worst bed side manner of them all. During examination she stood 3 feet from me, giving direction for my movements. Not once did she come near me to look closer to examine the skin, her distance made me feel uncomfortable and made me feel like I had the plague. Her tone made me feel like she was barking orders. I asked her to remove one questionable area on my face, which turned out to be basal cell. The doctor did not perform the biopsy, she had a physician`s assistant take 3 moles. The doctor did not call me with the results of the basal cell. This process, this doctor - I feel has NO emotions and I would not recommend anyone to go to her.The physician`s assistant had a very nice personality, the only good thing about this office.

|  Love Dr. Jane Taylor...been going to her for over 10 years  |  show details
by AMM NYC at Citysearch on Jan 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been going to Dr. Taylor for over 10 years and couldn`t be happier. She has always been courteous with me, and thorough. I`ve had a few minor sugrical procedures and was happy with the results. With my fair skin & freckles, I am prone to skin issues I feel SAFE going to Dr. Taylor. She knows my skin, my body and recognizes new moles disguised as freckles that may need to be addressed. I just recommended her to a dear friend. Dr. Taylor was recommended to me by my favorite doctor in the world! I am surprised to read 2 bad reviews about Dr. Jane Taylor. Perhaps she was having a bad day as we ALL do. I will keep going to her as long as I can.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  not sure she is the right dermatologist  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2010

I'm a healthcare professional myself, but not a physician. I was referred to Jane Taylor by a surgeon friend who has a close working relationship with her.Dr Taylor could not have been more ambiguous on purpose about her answers than any medical professional that I have seen in my life. And I have seen quite a few since I teach at a hospital and work in private practice as well.When asked about side effect of any treatment that she suggested, even when I specifically said to her, that I am there to hear her opinion as a dermatologist, since I'm not a physician, she replied repeatedly to "just go research it on Medline" with a condescending smirk- all the while her Physician Assistant standing on the side and sneering.If this is how they treat a professional colleague, I wonder how a lay person is treated.Being in the business of healthcare, I was very much conscious of the fact that I was being one annoying check mark on her schedule of reaching the day's projected gross revenue.

|  There must be better dermatologists out there!  |  show details
by Seth D at Citysearch on Oct 10th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I`m a healthcare professional myself, but not a physician. I was referred to Jane Taylor by a surgeon who has a close working relationship with her.When asked her opinion about various treatment recommendations, Dr Taylor could not have been more ambiguous on purpose, than any medical professional that I have seen in my life. And I have seen quite a few since I teach at a hospital and work in private practice as well.I went there to ask about side effects of treatments that she suggested. Even when I specifically said to her, that I am there to hear her opinion as a dermatologist, since I`m not a physician, she replied \"just go research it on Medline\" with a condescending smirk- all the while her Physician Assistant standing on the side and sneering. I don`t consider that professional, especially that they have you sitting there literally naked, wrapped in a 25-cent paper gown. they are not even willing to give you 2 min to get dressed, so that you can ask you questions.Bottom line i went in announcing to her I had made an appointment to ask some questions I walked out without the answer to any of my question no exaggeration is made hereIf this is how they treat a professional colleague, I wonder how a lay person is treatedBeing in the business of healthcare, I was very much conscious of the fact that I was being one annoying checkmark on her schedule of reaching the day`s projected gross revenue.

|  Will never go back  |  show details
by NYMommy on May 27th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I went to Dr. Jane Taylor after getting a referral from my private MD for wart treatment. My PCP told me that the wart was very resistant and needed to be injected something another dermatologist had recommended but was unable to do at that time. Dr. Taylor at first did not even admit injections could be done for warts and when I asked her specifically about it, she said I couldn`t do it since I was a breast feeding mom. But my PCP told me there is a specific one that you can have while breast feeding and when I asked her about that, she said she doesn`t do it and that she doesn`t know anyone who does funny since I know people who do it and I`m not in the field - wish I had different insurance. I felt like she was kind of rude about the whole thing. In the end she did nothing for me that I haven`t already tried at home and it was a waste of time and money. Her advice - "keep doing what you`re doing." Well, if it worked I would keep doing it without paying to go to the specialist. Also, they insisted that I get completely undressed except panties and a paper gown in order to be seen. Seems stupid for a wart on the foot, At first I refused, but she wouldn`t see me otherwise, so I complied. I also thought that was ridiculous and uncomfortable. I will never go back.

by Dior46 on Apr 2nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have gone to Dr. Karla Rosenman since the summer of 2007 and she is great! She takes out the time to listen to the things you have to say and suggests all the options to take care of your concerns. My skin has never been better. I have been plagued w

by modan0 on Oct 2nd, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Kim at this clinic is great. I've never waited more than 5 minutes over several visits. He's professional, great at what he does, and a nice guy, to boot. Would highly recommend.

by ilovetoeatanddrink on Jun 27th, 2002 on citysearch.com

Though I am 27 yrs old I have had malignant skin cancer - Dr. Taylor and her other Dr in the practice did a thorough exam and found the cancer so we were able to prevent it. She also recommended a great plastic surgeon so my scar is not bad at all. I wo