Dr. Jane Zivalich MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Patient Service
What happened to customer service? If you are a very punctual person and lead a busy work life, this is not the doctor for you! After reading some reviews, it does appear that you have to wait to see Dr. Z. This is common, and hopefully due to patient attention as you are caring for my family. We all respect the care and duties of your profession, however, the same is not returned to the patient at this office. After all the rave about Z, I scheduled to see her for the first time, and was denied. Why? I was 8 minutes late coming from work. I did call beforehand AND filled out all paperwork ahead of time. Still denied. They didn't even ask to reschedule... So if you, the patient/customer have a job where people skills and service is your thing, you will not receive the same respect from Dr. Z office. Charlie A.

April 25th, 2016
this is the rudest woman I have ever had as a doctor

December 18th, 2015
Best of best
She is friendly and funny. Great bedside manner. She is skilled and knowable. Always get better after going. Her nurses are also amazing. I don't like doctors much but value her. My whole family now goes.

December 11th, 2013
I agree... Terrible bedside manner
I went and saw Dr. Zivalich for the first time recently and she is intense. Basically made my concerns seems insignificant, shes kind of rude and didn't really let me talk at all. The nurse I saw was great though. I made an appointment to go back but I think I am going to cancel it. She was too much and I don't feel like I got much out of the appointment. What a waste of time.

November 4th, 2013
Dr. Zivalich was my physician for several years. Excellent Dr. but bedside manner was an F. Found to be not compassionate.

January 28th, 2013
A new patient
I actually found Dr Z after reading reviews from here and health grades. I was very please at my visit with her and her staff and I am so grateful to my Lord Jesus for the experience. She had me in and out and yet she was caring , attentive and made sure all my questions were answered . She was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything. Lastly, she made sure I understood everything before I left. I would certainly recommend her!

January 16th, 2013
Office staff was enough to make me leave and never go back
This was hands-down the worst physician office experience I've ever had. I am new to the area and was looking for a new primary care physician. At 43-yrs old, I've come to realize that at least half of my experience at the doctor's office is with the office staff. Upon arrival and after all the paperwork, they notified I would be charged a surcharge as a new patient (mind you, I was NOT told this when I made the "new patient appointment" over the phone but only when I was already in the office), even though the services/care I received from the physician wasn't going to be any different whether I was a new patient or not. They also notified me that EVERY TIME I needed a prescription written (I am currently on 2-3 prescription medications each day), I would be charged $30 per prescription written every year. I asked for clarification, as I couldn't imagine this was the case as it had NEVER been before with any other physician I've ever been to, but they simply said it was administrative procedure (well, first they claimed it was my insurance that required this but when I protested that my insurance has been the same for years, they finally admitted it was their own surcharge). Physician services should be just that - providing good health care services, not taking advantage of patients and turning it into a hassle and unfriendly experience. Too bad, as I'm relocating my business here and could have referred my employees and their families. But I walked out, and I'll find an independent physician instead and not one whose practice is dictated by a corporation who never sees or cares about the patient.

August 13th, 2012
Dr Z is extremely through and dedicated. She is courteous yet frank in her recommendations and instructions. I have referred many family members and friends to her who also rave about her diagnostic ability and care. I would trust her with my life and I do....

June 12th, 2012
DDR Z is THE BEST!!!
I have been going to her for almost 20 years now. She has keep me alive and well which is some job because I do not follow instructions about diet and exercise. But I know she cares and she tries to coax me to follow the rules. Her staff is very friendly and professional. She is EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE in MANY AREAS and does a very THOROUGH examination. I ALWAYS feel comfortable in her medical assessment of my condition. To me she is THE VERY BEST!!

March 8th, 2011
Great Doctor
Great Doctor who cares about my health and needs as a patient. She "gets it."

August 11th, 2010
Great Doctor.. is not cavalier with money at all. Has found other options for treatment if I say it's too expensive (i.e. certain meds, x-rays, etc.) Doesn't sugar coat things - calls a spade a spade so if you want to be coddled she probably isn't the doctor for you.... BUT... if you want a doc who works with you and truly knows her stuff then she is amazing! She is also amazing fast getting patients in and out. VERY time concsious (both for herself and her patient).

May 25th, 2010
long time patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Z's for so many years that I have followed her to all 5 office locations. It is reassuring that she knows me and my medical history. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. My only disappointment is that if I was in the hospital, I would not be receiving care from Dr. Z, but a hospitalist instead.