Dr. Janet Choi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 2nd, 2013
Compassionate and Professionals
Dr, Choi is fantastic. She's incredibly competent and knowledgeable. I really appreciated her sensitivity to my rather unique needs.

August 24th, 2012
Dr Choi always returns my calls. She is the only doctor in the team at CWRC who called me, cared for me, and sent me to the ER for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. She is extremely thorough.

June 29th, 2012
Caring
I am 8 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Choi & today I had a little scare with some bleeding. I left a message at 10am she called me back personally and saw me immediately. I wouldve been a mess for the entire weekend if I didn't see her. This is not the first time, Dr. Choi has asked me to come in immediately. I had a pending miscarrage 6 months ago and she was reviewing my chart and wanted to check herself. She was very caring and understanding given how much we wanted a baby.

October 26th, 2010
Amazing!!
Dr. choi is amazing, very knowledgeable, straight to the point. Explains everything in detail and most importantly makes sure that you fully understand. Her spectations of my test results were always as she had diagnosed....she is magical, caring and precise. Love her!!

February 16th, 2010
Dr. Choi is a strong and inspirational woman who i would go back to again and again. Her knowledge and attentiveness to my problems made me feel a sense of peace. Need less to say I would be in complete shock if a patient didn't feel 100% comfortable with their outcome from the wonderful care of Janet Choi.

January 17th, 2010
Bad center, indifferent care, overextended staff
Columbia's center is grossly overbooked with typical waiting time exceeding 30 minutes. The facilities are cramped and not well kept. Dr. Choi was rarely available herself and never followed up or gave personalized treatment. Which wasn't all that much of a loss considering her ice cold bedside manner and lack of interest in explaining or understanding what we were going through. She attempted several treatments that we later learned were not appropriate to our age and situation. The merry-go-round of the nursing and MD staffers left you feeling quite robotic and disoriented. The staff is not engaged in the process at all with the rudest nurses I've met ever. To top it all off the billing department is quite a disaster with different people giving you different numbers, charging beyond what is stipulated by their insurance agreements and not giving you accurate and prompt accountings on a timely basis. I've been to another center afterwards (Cornell's) and it was a difference like night and day.

October 20th, 2009
Infertility is stressful enough and to not have the support needed from the Dr. and staff makes the experience far worse. Dr. Choi has ill bedside manner. I found her to be cold, uncompassionate and too conservative in the treatment plan. The billing staff @ Columbia are rude and unprofessional.

July 14th, 2009
calm, professional, caring
Dr. Choi is an excellent doctor. From giving me a good grounding in what to expect from fertility treatments to guiding me through an unexpected twins pregnancy. She was prompt, reassuring with a touch of humor and made time to answer all my questions. My experience with Dr. Coi and the Columbia facility was wonderful from start to finish.

June 28th, 2008
Anonymous
Overall, I found Dr. Choi to be technically proficient, but has what I would consider to be an overly professional manner. In retrospect, I concur with one of the other comments, treatment overly conservative, with some follow-up lacking in certain areas