Dr. Janet Collins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 8 reviews

December 29th, 2015
Knowlegeable But All Business
Dr. Collins knows her stuff and has a pleasant demeanor, but is lacking in the warmth factor. A bit business like. Perfect for me. I just need the facts and good advice.

January 11th, 2014
Dr. Collins is very rigid. She often doesn't believe the patient's description of symptoms. Her range of solutions is too small. Instead of giving choices, she has biases which are not necessarily based on all the choices available. When getting a second opinion i was told of many more safe choices that I guess she decided I shouldn't have. Why not ?

June 20th, 2012
Excellent doctor
My son is 15 and he had tried to commit suicide in March. we had been seeing another psychiatrist in our town for about 2 years, but we didn't see any improvement. Dr. Collins asked questions and talked to my son for 20 minutes and made a guess about what he was going through and without hesitation my son said , " Yes, that is what is happening." She talkd to us for an hour, answered all our questions and changed his medication. The only drawback is she charges $350 bucks for first consultation and does not use insurance or take credit cards. Cash and checks only. However she is GOOD and can get away with charging that price.

November 14th, 2011
A No Nonsense Doctor
Dr Collins is a great no nonsense doctor! I will miss her when I leave Dallas.

September 21st, 2011
Extremely cold and rigid
Dr. Collins is probably better suited for teenagers and older. Every single time I have taken my 6 year old son to see her I get a feeling she is annoyed by him wanting to play with her toys while she is talking to me and not him. I feel as though she is extremely cold and rigid. Her office is very antiquated as well... You would think that in 2011 her schedule and billing system would be through the computer. I was actually shocked and laughed when the assistant brought out a trapper keeper like folder that had her written schedule in it. I thought it was a joke at first. I would not recommend her to anyone and I will be telling the psychologist that referred us to her to stop referring her.. It makes him look bad!

September 20th, 2010
Lack of professionalism
I found Dr. Collins billing procedure rigid. I was unable to obtain a receipt for services because her "office manager" was not in. Instead, I waited a week for the receipt to be mailed before I could begin getting my "out of network" insurance claim filed. I did not feel cared for during this time of crisis in my life.

July 31st, 2009
Amazing
Dr. Janet Collins is an AMAZING psychiatrist. She is extremely articulate and intelligent. I started seeing her at 13. I was very young and troubled and was at an emotional growth boarding school in Oregon. I was seeing a specialist up there and she had me on an outrageous amount of meds that was unnecessary. She has an enormous amount of insight and was able to condense my meds and I am now off of them completely. I HIGHLY recommend her. AMAZING

October 1st, 2008
Dr. Collins is cold and places her needs far above those of her patients. Her staff is demanding and insincere. I would absolutely NOT recommend her to anyone. I urge you to find a wonderful, caring, intelligent, capable professional in the area. Unfortunately she does not meet even the basic requirements.