Dr. Janet Hubert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 2nd, 2015
This doctor and her office was a complete disappointment! i am new to the area and am a breast cancer survivor and was looking for a physician in the area to manage the debilitating affects I have been left with post chemo and treatment. during my appointment i was asked everything from my family's medical history to whether i had firearms and smoke detectors in the house and how often I indulged in alcohol and energy drinks. I never once was asked about my reason for my visit or how I was feeling. The med assistant taking the information was cold and uncaring and never once looked at me like she cared while she was talking to me and made me feel like I was bothering her when i tried to give her information about my reason for the visit. when Dr. Janet Hubert entered the room it only got worse. She asked me about my medications and as i gave her the list of medications I use to manage my conditions she immediately gave me look of judgement that said i was just a drug seeker. Having over 20 years in pharmacy for a major chain I am very familiar with the drug seeking problem. This doctor however never gave me one minute of her time to understand any of my conditions or the reasons for my current therapy and suggested that maybe I needed psychiatric help. REALLY after 30 seconds. I have been in the capable hands of a wonderful caring oncologist for 3 years now and he has never, even in my lowest moments of cancer treatment, ever suggested I am anything but a stable, strong willed, intelligent survivor. Dr.Hubert made a rush to judgement on the motivation for my visit.I was guilty in her eyes of trying to illicit controlled substances form her office for recreation or distribution rather than true management of my life after cancer. She made me feel like I had something to be ashamed of for being in pain and needing medication for treatment. Whats more i explicitly stated and the time I made my appointment what my needs were for my visit. None of the staff members ever stated to me that the doctors in this office do not treat people with my specific needs, therefore wasted my time. Dr Hubert insincerely apologized for the disconnect of communication within her office. She should have apologized for the disconnect of her interest in me as a human with a need for care and management of what I am feeling and truly struggling with.

May 17th, 2012
I love Dr. Hubert!
Dr Hubert is not only my Doctor, but my Husband, Daughter and Son see her also. She has cared for both of my children since birth. We love having her and trust that the recommendations she makes are always in the best interest of our family. We recommend her to everyone that is looking for a new PCP! She is very personable and feels like an extended part of our family!

August 21st, 2009
very good doctor
In my family, four of us started out with her and I am the only one who remained with her as my doctor. If you can be precise and thorough in your descriptions and questions to her, I believe you'll be happy with her. She doesn't tend to volunteer information, you have to ask for it, but I've found her to be patient and thorough in answering every question posed to her. She is also a very low-key sort of person, but don't mistake that for her not caring. I've always felt that she had my best interests at heart.What she and her entire office don't excel at are communications, ease and accuracy of re-fills on maintenance medications, and cutting down on unnecessary duplication of paperwork. On the last two points, they have improved over the last year. But, she does know her stuff and isn't at all hesitant to referring one to a specialist when needed. I like her, so I tolerate the minor office staff problems and they are being dragged into the 1980's regarding computerization.