Dr. Janet Mcgivern MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2015
Patient
I found Dr. McGivern to be very caring and attentive (listening) to my issues....so many Drs hear but they dont listen what you are saying. I felt she cared & was trying to help me. And her staff was awesome! I talked with a therapist in Dr McGovern's office and so would like to talk to her again.

December 29th, 2014
Great Psychiatrist, not intimidating at all!
Extremely attentive and kind!

February 7th, 2014
patient of over 15 years
Dr McGivern is amazing - She literally saved my life. She is caring, knowledgable and patient. She is persistant in finding the right combination of meds if they are needed. I am so confident in her ability I have recommended her to a few friends and family members who have had very similar experiences.

May 6th, 2013
Great MD
She explained everything clearly and compassionately. When needed, she returned my calls within minutes. She may come across as a little too self-confident, but is humble enough to really listen to me. Was able to get a next day appointment when needed. She respects my decisions about my treatment, even when I chose another route. She is not perfect, but who is?! :^)

September 17th, 2012
Dr. McGivern has been my doctor for a number of years and been with me through a lot of life events. She is interested in what's going on and allows me to be an active participant in my treatment. If I am uncomfortable with a particular course of treatment, she will work to find one I'm confortable with. She has always been professional and caring with me. Would hightly recommend her. Unfortuately, I just moved away from the area and am faced with replacing her. Not something I'm looking forward to.

September 8th, 2012
she has very strong opinions and makes diagnosis and treatment without getting adequate information. She is unfriendly and interferes with therapy that you aleady have in place. Your opinion doesn't count.

March 23rd, 2012
Dr.McGivern has been my doctor for many years. I have found her to be an excellent doctor. She asks questions that pertain to my own individual needs and concerns.We work together as a team on medication issues. I have never felt like she is rushing. me through my appointment, and on several occasions spent extra time with me. She has always returned my phone calls on the same day that I call the office.She is also available some nights and weekends,too! If your looking for a psychiatrist then she's the one should choose!

July 28th, 2017