Dr. Janet Schwartz MD Patient Reviews

2.6

January 20th, 2014
Horrible doctor, horrible service. Do not go here!!!
I have had nothing but bad experiences with Dr Schwartz. My first visit, she made me wait over an hour despite having an appointment. During my physical I gave a bad urine sample and she promised to call me back with the info to get it checked out further. She called me back over 3 months later! I told her I was feeling fine and did not feel the need to see another doctor. Additionally, I feel that she is only out to make money because she gave me several specialty referrals for a nutritionist, pathologist, etc. I received several bills from her despite having insurance coverage for a bunch of things I never even requested! I got a letter in the mail from a collector for $65.00 from her sending my samples to be tested. I just had a standard physical and I am stuck with hundreds of dollars of debt. I am never going back here again.

May 10th, 2013
Shocked and Appalled
Waited over an hour for my appointment. This "doctor" is the most rude individual I've ever met in this profession! She was arrogant, insulting and all around rude. She belittled and mocked me. It seems time for this woman to retire! I will never spend another moment with "Dr. Schwartz". There are too many caring and knowledgable doctors in our area to put up with this type of substandard behavior.

May 9th, 2013
Dissapointed
Dr. Schwartz does not seem to want to get to 'know' you as a patient but instead tell you what she thinks you need to do rather than listening to what is ailing you. I went in for a basic physical women's exam (first time) and that is all. She requested that a breathing test be done (without warning of the cost) and for some reason stresses that I should look into Accutane...(this is when I should've left). What? I stressed to her that I did not believe it was safe nor did I need something THAT bad--she dismissed what I said and tried to enforce that she was right it was safe...cmon. Anyway just received a bill for over 400 for a womens exam... she just tries to keep you there to over charge you for services you don't need!!! beware.

May 2nd, 2013
horrible MA and front desk
Janet is a great doctor but I have recently switched because I can not stand her staff. They are rude, unhelpful and inconsiderate.

November 28th, 2012
TERRIBLE
She is rude, disrespectful and a has become a witch. IF you are interested in alternatives to traditional medical approaches don't expect her to be open. I would absolutely NOT recommend you see this doctor. Her Nurse Practitioner misdiagnosed an issue and failed to request the correct blood work. When asked about it she just dismissed it.

January 17th, 2012
Caring, smart, and wise
Dr. Schwartz is everything I've ever asked for in a general practitioner. She genuinely cares about her patients; she keeps current with what's new; she has affiliations with the best specialists in the area; she takes time to discuss issues with you; and her staff is helpful and professional. I recommend her highly!

December 20th, 2011
Wouldn't go back if you paid me
Never met a doctor like her. Was recommended to go and figured it would be worth the money. My insurance does not cover. Appointment took forever. Nothing was resolved. Was rude to my mother. Nurses were slow (took 20-30 just to get history only to have it be typed in incorrectly. Office seemed disorganized. I was charged extra because time went over which is ridiculous as the timing is their own fault. It's been two months and I still haven't heard back from office on follow up.

November 10th, 2011
My Trusted Doctor for Over 25 Years!
Dr. Schwartz has been my trusted personal doctor for over 25 years. She's been there for me through many health challenges over the years, and has been a vital part of helping me live a healthy, active life. Dr. Schwartz's skill as a physician, her caring manner, and her integrity are everything I look for in a great doctor. Over the many years I have recommended her to countless friends and family members. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Schwartz to anyone looking for a great doctor with the experience and medical skill to accurately diagnose, the caring manner to make you feel comfortable, and the dedication to be there for you and help you through any health challenge you may face. And the entire office staff is simply the best!

October 14th, 2011
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Schwartz. The only issue is the time waiting and because she spends time with her patients instead of in and out, thats what can happen. I would rather wait a little bit and know that I am going to get the personal care from her.

September 30th, 2011
No Good
Dr Schwartz is a terrible Doctor in my opinion she misdiagnosed me and ignored my calls to change my medicine, she insisted she knew what was wrong and she had no clue. Thank God I saw a specialist or I would be dead thanks to her stupidity. be careful she is a sloppy doctor.

September 2nd, 2011
Overall I am satisfied with Dr. Schwartz and her staff and she is indeed a good andcaring physician. The waiting time, however, can be exceptionally long (I'vehad to wait up to an hour on severaloccasions and once itwas more than an hour and a half). As she is responsive and does spend time with her patients I thoroughly understand that therecan be times when she is running late. However, as there have been times when I know the staff knows she is runningexceptionally late it would be mostappreciated if they would call to letthe patient know her appointment scheduleis running behind when it is apparent thepatient will have to wait more than 30minutes before seeing her. The staffcould also ask if the patient would liketo reschedule for another day especiallyif the appointment is, for example, suchas a routine visit for prescription refills. Another alternative would beto reimburse the patient at the doctor'shourly rate for waiting room time beyond30 minutes! It is tremendously distressing to have a routine appointmentand have to spend an extended time in asmall room with several patients obviously suffering from the flu orother contagious diseases.I also find it unnerving when theassistant goes over medications andhas difficulty ascertaining what hasbeen prescribed and in pronouncing thename of the medication.

August 30th, 2011
Patricia Pasquill Patient
A few years ago I was suffering and didn't have any idea what was wrong; I thought I had possibly had a stroke. She was recommended to me by my neighbor. She told me to come in right away, took one quick look/exam and determined that I had PMR. She gave me medicine and I could move my whole body by the next a.m. She has earned my total confidence and respect ever since. I always depend on her to let me know what is wrong. She makes me feel like a family member; like the most important patient she has. I recommend her to everyone I know.