Dr. Janet Teltscher MD Patient Reviews

2.9

February 16th, 2016
Excellent Dermatologist and Office Staff
Personable and an excellent diagnostician. Dr Teltscher knows her stuff. I've found my Dermatologist for the foreseeable future. She has a great staff, too. Lily does an excellent job and is a very sweet person.

November 10th, 2015
Due to their problems with billing, I will never use this doctor again!
This review has to do with their unsatisfactory billing. De Teltscher's practice is Skin & Cancer Associates in Delray Beach, FL. They billed me for the same procedure on the same date twice. I am covered by Humana Insurance and they are an In Network provider. I spoke to Humana and they an in-network doctor is not allowed to bill for the same procedure twice. I paid twice and didn't catch it until they sent a third bill. They are ignoring the fact that they billed for the same procedure twice, are overcharging and still looking for payment. Regardless about how I feel about Dr Teltschier, I will never go back to her due to the practice that they are affiliated with and will also report them. I would also like to add that when I was trying to verify the amount that was going to be charged on my first visit, her assistant ignored my question and said our billing office knows what insurance I have and knows what they are doing. I was suspicious of that answer and I was right. They don't follow the rules.

August 28th, 2012
Worse Than Melanoma
My experience has been terrible. First off, Dr. Teltscher is expensive. But what's worse than that is that she misdiagnosed me. She called and told me a mole she removed was benign. And then a month and a half later called me back and said she meant to say it was malignant. At that point, I lost all faith in her and drove an hour north to my old dermatologist in Boca Raton for a second opinion. He ordered the biopsy results from the lab Dr. Teltscher sent them to. He looked at my arm where she did the biopsy. And he checked the rest of my body. He said the lab results clearly stated benign and that I had no signs of Melanoma. Dr. Teltscher is just a bad doctor.

October 4th, 2010
caring doctor
Dr T is very caring and takes time to explain everything. She is really interested in my health.