Janet Winikoff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 2nd, 2016
Waste of time
This doctor is very condescending with no bedside manners. She decided what type of person I was by the levels of medications I was taking. If you don't want to judged as a person by the medication levels you are on, then don't see her!

September 27th, 2015
Worst Dr I have ever seen. Doesn't seem to care about patients and gave another patients diagnosis to me over the phone instead of my diagnosis.

September 2nd, 2015
EFFECTIVE, KNOWLEDGEABLE PHYSICIAN
Dr. Winikoff was recommended to me by a general (family) practitioner who was simply the best doctor I've ever known. (It was a good recommendation.) I highly respect Dr. Winikoff as a knowledgeable, up-to-date physician in her field(s). She won't win the crown for "most popular" person in the world, but her personality style doesn't offend me, or get in the way. She knows her business. I've never felt rushed, or like I was on a patient assembly line during my visits. In fact, there's nothing about her practice that I can find fault with.

November 16th, 2012
Extremely professional, very glad I saw her.
Go see this doctor if you need help. She's very to the point, very straight-faced, good listener, smart...and she spent ONE HOUR with me. I've been searching for a diagnosis on a health problem, and my internist referred me to Dr. Winikoff. My doctor warned me she has a reputation as not being very nice, but recommended her as very good. For me, I don't need a best pal, I need a diagnosis. She was perfectly friendly, and 100% focused and honest with me. I can't recommend her highly enough. My only problem was finding the correct building and office for this endocrinology practice. Several offices are listed for her, and her office is still listed in the lobby boards on TWO other building where the office does not exist anymore. I highly recommend you call the office and double check the address!!!

November 5th, 2012
I had numerous problems that she blamed on my own bad luck. First the staff misplaced my scanned questionnaires so there was no record of these forms as well as the doctor's notes on my initial office visit. Somehow this information was saved under a different patient name. When I went for a follow-up visit, she inadvertently forgot to order a specific blood test. She had the blood drawn in the office at her own cost since I was HMO at the time. I was supposed to go to a lab. After numerous reassurances from the office staff that the blood work was pending, she finally admitted after two weeks that the blood sample was lost. I have since switched to a PPO.

September 29th, 2010
Great Endo
I have read some of these reviews and I have to agree that this doctor is a great doctor.. She is very through and dose a great job diagnosing the problem. I spent in total about an hour and 15 mins in the office but out of that time she sat with me for an hour and 10 mins. I appreciate that from a doctor now and days that is very rare to find. One other thing I have to say is that the staff was overall friendly but isabel who was at the check out counter was an complete angel... She helped me with understanding my diabetes meter and helped me with choosing the perfect one for me. She had the patients for me even though it seemed she was running the whole office by herself. I read another review that said she was rude and i have to say to that person.. you must have been a really difficult person and not very nice because out of the 20 people that were checking out of that office this girl looked like she loved all of them, she must really love her Job. Thanks Dr. Winikoff and Isabell you guys rock!!!

September 7th, 2010
A wonderful diagnostician and very caring doctor. Very thorough and takes the time to do all she can for the patient.

June 18th, 2010
no frills just really good doctor
If you are looking for an honest, ethical and really wonderful physician, then Dr. Winikoff should be our choice. She is sharp, doesn't do extra tests, but knows what is necessary, and is very caring despite a rather brusque manner. She practices endocrinology including thyroid disorders and diabetes. She knows her stuff and she follows up. She cares.

February 25th, 2010
STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE
My first appointment was terrible as I waited over an hour to see her and when I tried to discuss another issue, her reply was that I don't have an authorization for that issue and when I get one I can speak with her about it. Last time I checked an appointment is an appointment in which a doctor should answer all questions. She was messy and rude but since she is the only doctor of this kind in my network I had to see her again. I have thyroid issues and after my nuclear x-rays (whatever that means- never was explained what it is or entails), I had an appointment to see this "doctor" again. I arrived for my appointment to find a note on the door that the office had moved to the west building (was never notified). Then I went as the first appointment of the day and waited almost two hours in a small room without anyone seeing me. I ended up leaving upset and no one seemed to know where my test results were and everyone blamed the move and this doctor even talked about a broken computer. So two days later and still no results despite a medical release I provided because I refuse to go back. Her staff is equally unprofessional and have no answers and Isabel (the coordinator) had the audacity to say she gets paid to be yelled at. Clearly my health does not matter to this doctor and my results are probably lost. She has continued her display of not caring by not getting any answers for me. She gives doctors and the medical profession a bad name.

October 3rd, 2009
An Outstanding Endocrinologist
I have been a patient of Dr. Winikoff for about 10 years. I have always found her to be thorough, understanding, and extraordinarily proficient, explaining exactly the reasoning behind her decisions. Unlike a number of other physicians that I have seen, I've never once felt that she was rushing through the examination. She detected several potential problems and proscribed effective tests and treatments. She and her office staff are always alert, courteous and responsive. I am completely dumbfounded by some of the negative reviews that I've read of her.

September 17th, 2008
Run from this Dr.
She is unprofessional, uncaring rude and unhelpful.