Dr. Janice Bunch MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2015
I have never been to counseling before and had contacted Dr. Bunch to seek out competent psychiatric treatment for depression after the loss of a loved one. The only way to describe my visit is bizarre. At one point she raised her voice at me (some would say she yelled) and if I'm not mistaken called me a "stalker" under her breath. I have never had an experience like I had with her. I'm not sure she should be treating patients to be honest....I found a good provider somewhere else and I won't be back there again.

February 6th, 2015
Did get help
I did get help from her when I needed it the most. She helped me when no one else would. I appreciate what she has done for me. I know her office is not the most tidy and it is certainly a long wait time in her office to get in to see her but I like her and she has always been very nice to me and spends a lot of time with me and has helped so much. She is a very intelligent lady. I have learned to take some things in to her office waiting room to pass the time away while waiting to get in. I'm usually behind in reading my magazines and newspapers from home anyway. I sometimes get caught up on mail too. I just take it with me...lol. This doctor also takes Mediciad patients also. There are a lot,of doctors that refuse to take Medicaid patients these days. I'm not a Medicaid recipient , I have private insurance but I know she does accept these patients.

July 31st, 2013
Be prepared to wait, and wait...and wait.
I am used to waiting at most doctors offices, I am not used to coming in and being made to wait 3 hours. I thought maybe it was a one time thing, it was not, in fact it is habitual. I would understand if maybe it happened a couple of times but obviously the staff is incompetent and does not know how to schedule patients, either that or the doctor simply has no regard for her patients time. The doctor herself is inclined to simply write too many prescriptions, she is pill happy, everything has a cure in a capsule. I hadn't spent more than 15 minutes with her and I already had 3 prescriptions written. I understand that we are there for medication but more than 15 minutes is needed for an accurate diagnosis, and people should be put on as little medication as possible. I went to her for a couple of months and some of the medications she gave me did work but I stopped taking the majority of them because I simply didn't need them. I eventually had to start seeing a different doctor because I could not handle the level of ineptitude of her staff, the unorganized mess that was her office (and therefore in my mind her life) and her horrible bedside manner. She is mostly accurate with her diagnosis and if you can handle the wait she may be right for you.

August 8th, 2016