Dr. Janice Dickerson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 14th, 2014
I'm moving away from the Wilmington area and one of the things I will miss the most is having such a friendly, caring doctor! Dr. Dickerson always gives you 100% of her attention when she is with you and does not rush the appointment at all. I fell sick while under her care so she referred me out to a specialist who diagnosed me and began treatments. Every time I go back to see Dr. Dickerson she always asks me how I am doing with that and she truly seems to care. When I was first diagnosed, she spent more time talking to me about it and how I was feeling - not just physically, but also emotionally - than even the specialist did. Dr. Dickerson is an absolute rare find in the medical world. She's the first doctor I ever visited and actually liked, not just tolerated because I needed their expertise. She's a true gem and I hope to find a doctor as much like her as possible in my new city. Thank you, Dr. Dickerson!

August 26th, 2013
what happened to doc? Not worthy of the star but site made me gve one
I will share my personal experience so you can judge for yourself. I have been docs patient for awhile and she has always been great but this year something is up - she's different! I have been going to dermatologist for ringworm which is taking months to get rid of so she referred me to my physician (Dickerson) Well Dickerson has nurse call and ask me why my dermatologist referred me. I said I don't know it should be in the referral. So nurse says okay if anymore questions I'll call you - okay. I get a urinary tract infection come in to doc and leave some pee. Dickerson puts me on Cepco - days later Manolucas nurse calls me says Dr Dickerson is out and the culture came back and they changed me to Microbid. Dickerson comes back to office and has nurse call me asking why Dr Manolucas changed my meds? I don't know ask him - he's in your office! Still fighting the ringworms I go back to dermatologist and she is mad I haven't seen Dickerson to see if I have a immune thing going on. Still with the UTI I call back Dickersons' office and make an appointment to SEE her - not just pee. So I come in and start talking to her about these ringworms. She ask if I have been seeing a dermatologist. I say yes that's where the referral came from! Then she ask what meds they put me on because supposedly she only received my labs with no explanation. Yeah that doesn't sound right to me either. So I tell her of the meds and she says yes I see right here she gave you samples of the lotion. But she had just told me she had no info. So I ask about the UTI and she has the nerve to ask me what UTI? That's why I'm here - the nurse that brought me back ask about the UTI how does she (doc) not know? I'm not sure if this is her way of cutting her patient numbers down but I am definitely not seeing her again. She did tell me she has over 3000 patients - maybe that's 2990 too many!!! She really was a great doc at one point and who knows maybe she'll find it again. We all go through stuff but it sucks when it's the doc making you crazy instead of better!!

February 8th, 2013
I miss the old Dr Dickerson
I have been a patient there for many years. In her early practice, she was so caring and spent so much time with you! now it breaks my heart to see her because she seems so burned out and tired and it reflects on her bedside manner and genuine concern. i will stay with her for a while longer but i truly miss my old Dr. Dickerson

September 21st, 2012
great
Dr. D is very thorough and listens well.

December 18th, 2011
Not caring
A friend of my friend referred her to me. I was not impressed by her. She didn't give a good look at my problem and she didn't give me a correct diagnosis. During the visit she was pushing for a mammogram which has nothing to do with my health issues. She gave me a sample of a prescription drug without explaining of any complications or side effests I might experience. I found later that according to some sources the drug has been taken of market (probably due to very strong side effects).I don't think I'll see the doctor again.

April 24th, 2011
Dr. Dickerson's knowledge in diagnosing my problems. She is thorough and caring. I've never felt rushed and she always answers any questions I have and makes sure I understand. She is so well liked by her patients, it's difficult to get an appointment with if I'm sick. There other doctors in the practice, but when I'm sick I really would prefer my own doctor.