Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dirty and no basic hygiene show details Dirty and no basic hygiene
by Disappointed on Jul 11th, 2015

An absolutely horrible doctor. I guess she missed the class on basic hygiene in medical school, like wearing gloves , washing her hands, and wearing a reasonably clean coat...specially if she's going to put a needle in my body. The rooms over there are just filthy and disgusting. I am not sure what exactly is going on in that place..but sure thing is, I am never going there again. Never.

Worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. show details Worst doctor I have ever seen in my life.
Jun 24th, 2015

I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis and put on medication before ever seeing Dr. Massey. She was extremely condescending, rude, and unwilling to listen to reason and logic. She promptly told me that I didn't have MG (??) and to stop taking my meds (prior to taking them, I was in terrible shape, and I was pretty much on a liquid diet because I couldn't swallow solid food, thanks to the weakness of my throat muscles). I remember scoffing at her "advice" and telling her that I suppose she wants me to go back to being unable to function like a normal human being. Nothing I said got through to her. She chalked my symptoms up to "stress" and "anxiety" just because my antibody test came back negative, which happens quite often, I might add (and as a supposed MG "expert", she should know that). Not to mention that two other neurologists diagnosed me with it, and the medication made a massive difference. She actually had the nerve to tell me to stop taking my meds and see a therapist! Unbelievable. Yes, Dr. Massey, I'm sure the ptosis, double vision, dysphagia, slurred speech, and generalized muscle weakness were all caused by "stress". This woman is a disgrace to Duke. I told her off and walked out of the room, but I hate to think of all the patients who take her "advice" seriously. If you value your health at all, avoid her at all costs.

Malpractice lawsuit show details Malpractice lawsuit
May 26th, 2015

I will not share any details here as my husband and I have decided to proceed with a malpractice lawsuit against this doctor. We were extremely unfortunate to have chosen her to treat my mother's condition. I hope others will be very careful around her. I really think she needs to undergo a mental evaluation to determine if she is capable of managing patients and performing procedures.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Nov 25th, 2014

An absolutely horrible experience. I would not recommend her. There are a lot of better doctors out there who are way more knowledgeable and up to date. I wish she could improve her bedside manner and not be so rude and condescending to her patients.

Mark as Helpful  | 24 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Condescending Doctor show details Condescending Doctor
Jan 14th, 2014

Dr. Massey has a very poor bedside manner and is also very dismissive and undermining to the patient. I left with many more unanswered questions than when I came in. I would not recommend her to anyone. She speaks down to the patient in a very condescending manner.

Mark as Helpful  | 23 people found this helpful Report Abuse