Dr. Janice Miyakawa MD Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

August 1st, 2016
Lizzy Henley
Have been with Dr. M for over 10 years. Excellent physician.

October 2nd, 2015
I am willing to wait for old school medicine. Dr. Miyakawa will run late, but she told me so at our first appointment. She runs late because she sees us as patients first. I have been pleased with her and continue to be.

March 2nd, 2012
Execllent Physician
The reason you might wait is because she will listen. And if a patient needs that time, she provides it. That is worth waiting for. She sees the patient as a whole and treats you as an adult partner in your medical relationship. I have received follow up telephone calls - unheard of! I cannot recommend her strongly enough. I truly feel she is in the healing arts rather than the business of medicine. (ps - I have had very good results with the staff, and found them very helpful.)

July 9th, 2011
the wait is not great but doesn't that go hand in hand with most dr. vsits? I have to say as far as trust goes, i can fully put my 100% in her, and that matters most to me. She is a good listener, and takes time to elaborate, with a bit of humor. and yes, the reception ladies suck... and they are proud of it!

July 16th, 2010
Very Satisfied Long-Term Patient
Great doctor who I had seen for the last 20 years until recently. The only time she wasn't my physician was when my medical coverage didn't allow it. I would still be her patient but I moved out of state.She's very conscientious, listens to her patients, does great follow-up and researches and truly shows she cares for the patient's health. Once she even called me off hours at 9 or 10 PM to give me an update on my medical situation. She was still working late to catch-up.You're very lucky if you can have her as your physician.

April 22nd, 2010
Great doctor, though always runs late - staff not good
Like others, both Dr. Miyakawa and Fang are excellent - however, the staff can be rude, indifferent, and unprofessional. Also, unless you are willing to get the first appointment of the day, you will be waiting a minimum of 30 minutes, likely longer. Dr, Miyakawa spends alot of time with her patients, which causes her to run hopelessly late - it's a trade-off to have a doctor who takes times to get to know you as a person.

October 21st, 2009
Dr. Miyakawa is not reccomended for young female adults.
I switched to Doctor Miyakawa when I turned 18 and since then she has been satisfactory. I had a recent appointment with her. Every appointment I have had with her she has asked me about my sexual activity. This has always been fine until my last appointment when I felt like she crossed a line. I have recently become sexually active with a boyfriend who I am in love with and committed to. She immediately became judgmental and told me that I could not trust him. The rest of the discussion was condescending and after an hour and a half wait I was already bothered. She continued to cut me off when I asked questions and respond in a very snappy way. I left the appointment not wanting to go back to her ever again.

March 4th, 2009
She is wonderful
I know you have to wait for a long time. But that's because she spend so much time to care your condition. She is not like a HMO doctor (even she is) who spend only 5 minutes with business-like conversation. If you have just flu or cold, go other quick HMO doctor. She cares about the patient and she stops by the hospital to see you whatever happens, even midnight. Or if your kid needs to go to emergency, she calls to hospital to make special accomodation for the kid. She is a life-time doctor.