Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
North Naples
1660 Medical Blvd
Ste 100
Naples, FL 34110
239-591-3311
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Worst treatment from a Doctor  |  show details
by Rita J. Lovey on Mar 5th, 2014

I had a hysterectomy in 1998 and I have never been treat with such malic then Dr. Young can give out. She never came to talk to me or my husband before or after the surgery, Never saw her till the second day when I had an infection in my claps, and she took them out and sent me home and I hemorrhaged that night and went to the hospital on pine ridge road because of the treatment I received from her at Naples Community hospital. The claps were not suppose to be taken out for 10 days per the doctors at this hospital. One the bleed was stopped I was told to follow up with her, I went to her that day and was treat with such disrespect and her never washing her hands before she pulled the tape off of my incision. I filed a complaint with the BBC and it is still on record with them till this day. Run from this Dr. do not go to her unless you like being treated like crap.

|  No return calls, poor patient care  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2013

Having worked in helathcare for 10 years, I scheduled my appointment as the first of the day so my wait time wasn't bad. However, the doctor came to the exam room with another patient's chart, she briefly glazed over my reason for visit, and has yet to follow-up with my ultrasound results even though it's been 6 weeks. I've placed 8 phone calls, 5 voicemails, and talked with her assistant (who is great) twice. No response from the doc. I've left her practice and found another physician. Will never go back to Dr. Young and I do not recommend her to anyone else.

by Ginger on Aug 21st, 2013

I agree 100% with the posting left 07/2011. Dr. Young, on the rare event you do see her, is fabulous and thorough. Her PA, Amber, is also wonderful. HOWEVER, dealing with her admin staff is a nightmare. You will never receive a returned call directly from the Dr. The billing clerk is clueless - she burst into an exam room once to tell me my "routine" visit would not be covered b/c I had already had a "wellness" visit with my Primary. She was given bad information, and I had to call my insurance company then and there to confirm. She still did not believe me, and takes an "attitude" with me whenever I am there. She now makes sure to let me know "payment is expected up front". This is a load of BS, b/c the billing needs to go through insurance for discount, deductible, and out-of-pocket calculations. I told her once I receive the EOB from insurance, I will pay immediately. Not good enough for them - "that our policy". Well, I will be changing physicians. Thank you very much, stop harassing patients/customers and LEARN YOUR JOB! Maintaining health care and costs is hard enough without morons like this making it more difficult on patients.

Jun 14th, 2013

Had to schedule an emergency appointment and was told she had no open days till a week and a half later. When i finally had my appointment i was told she was running an hour late! My appointment was at 2 pm i was seen at 3!

|  Not professional  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

This doctor is continuously late for her appointments. She had an appointment set-up three months in advance to do a follow-up and decided that she didn't want to come into the office until 12, well My appointment was for 9:45 now I have to go home with no help.

|  Patient since 1990  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Young and her staff are the consummate professionals. I am okay seeing her physician's assistant for appointments as I know she will meet with me for a consult later on.

|  Wonderful!!!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

Dr. Young & Amber Thompson are both Awesome...Very caring & thoughtful...Willing to go that extra mile to get the answer you are looking for...Just a Great Place the staff is Excellent as well... I recommend her to anyone looking for a Great place to take care of your Health.....

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Dr. Young is an outstanding doctor. She has seen me after hours and always spends a lot of time with me. she answer all my questions and I never feel rushed out of her office like other doctors I have been too. I highly recommend Dr.Young and her physician assistant Amber Thompson!!

|  Absentee Doctor  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Dr. Janice Young never actually sees patients in person. She refuses to take or return calls to patients. Claim found with the Florida Department of Health against her practices. She charges patients without rendering any services such as providing results for lab tests or discussing. The only communication that she is willing to have with her patients is through her staff or via mail. No opportunity for questions from the patient face-to-face. She will however be happy to process your personal payment or insurance claim to make sure that she is paid.If you want a high-priced absentee doctor that is never available to discuss your health, she is the right doctor to see.

Jun 7th, 2011

Dr. Young is an excellent physician. She takes time with each patient and when there is a problem, expedites the tests needed to diagnose. I highly recommend her.

|  Dr. Young is an outstanding physcian  |  show details
by SpeakerAB on Oct 28th, 2010

I began seeing Dr. Young in 2007 for heavy bleeding during periods. With a history of fibroids, I was used to getting the "brush-off" by other Naples area physicians. Dr. Young outlined several options, including surgery. I feel better now than I did in my 20s! I'm so thankful I found this excellent physician.