Dr. Janice Stain MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Clovis, CA

no change

September 19th, 2016
Great lady!
Dr. Stain is great! From the beginning she is warm, understanding and very good at explaining. She treats you as a friend not a patient. Takes her time with you and is not in a hurry to rush on to the next patient.

August 8th, 2016
She was very nice and concerned about what was going on with me.

February 26th, 2015
I love Dr. Stain. I have followed her through her career moves. She is so gentle and kind.

May 3rd, 2013
Bad Experience
I did not have a positive experience with this Dr. at all, despite receiving recommendations from a couple of my friends. I am interested in having a natural, un-medicated birth, and in the three visits I had with Dr. Stain, she never once made any positive comments about natural childbirth, only cautioned me about the intense pain and that I should be open to medication, which is fine, except I was wanting to find a Dr. who was more supportive of my desire for a natural birth. Every appointment I waited for over an hour to see her, and when I did finally see her, she was very rushed, never gave me any advice on what I should be doing for a healthy pregnancy, and I felt like any questions I had were an annoyance. By my third visit, I decided that I really needed to ask her some important questions to determine whether or not she would ultimately support our wishes for a natural birth and only intervene if absolutely necessary. I didn't try to argue with her or question her medical expertise, but only to say what we would like and ask if she would be willing to support us or be flexible. She basically responded, in a not very nice manner- that if I wanted to disagree with her 20+ years of medical experience and make decisions about my labor and delivery that I should find a midwife and have a home birth... I left the appointment, called my husband, and started sobbing because of how I felt in response to her comments. So I decided that the best thing would be to find a different Dr who would be more supportive (and nice). Once I scheduled a new appointment, I called Dr. Stain's office and cancelled my next appointment with her, telling them I had switched providers. About two months later, I received a letter in the mail stating that they had dropped me as a patient because in spite of their attempts to work with me, I continued to be non-compliant... What in the world?? I had not once been contacted since I cancelled my last appointment with them, so I have no idea why they would send me that letter, which made it sound like I was a problem patient, which I was not. Overall, I was very upset by my experience here, and would not recommend her to anyone who wants to feel like their feelings and birth wishes matter to their Dr.

July 14th, 2011
Dr. Stain is the greatest!
All I have to say is Dr. Stain is the most kind, caring, and wonderful Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She truly is an angel and she was meant to do what she does, because she is great at it!

June 29th, 2011
Great GYN
Was referred by a cousin who is a nurse and I fell in love with Dr. Stain. Her office is very nice and quite. You do not feel rushed. I waited less than 10 min before i was called to the back. Waited a while in room but that is understandable she had to see about a pregnacy at the hospital. Otherwise she was very applogetic. Her bedside manner is wonderful. Explains very well and gives u the option of how u want ur procedures. If i had to do it all over again of having babies she would have been my ob.