Dr. Janis Black DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Cocoa, FL

• Good
  • Bad

February 3rd, 2015
I have seen other doctors in the area, and her office is the best. Courteous, Friendly, and they take there time with you when you are talking to the doctor.

December 26th, 2014
Never Available.....only see a PA! No follow up for illness or visit in the hospital. Nice lady, but seems that the dollar has become more important than the patients. Very nice staff!

October 26th, 2012
Stephen J Vladyka
Dr.Black is very professional and seems to really care about my overall health and quality of life.I had a change in my insurance plan and had to change doctors for over a year and I am so glad to be back to Dr. Black.I cannot say enough to compliment the staff as well they are always a pleasure to deal with and i feel blessed to have her as my doctor again.

August 28th, 2012
Had a appointment and still waited over an hour and she never sees me, always has someone else look at me. Seems to be more worried about her hair removal business and trying to sell her beauty products. APPOINTMENTS ARE NEVER ON TIME!

August 21st, 2012
I love Dr. Black! Wonderfully professional and caring staff and the office is neat and clean. They always fit me in when I'm sick instead of telling me to go to a walk in center.

April 21st, 2012
The best PCP I have had.
I have been to many doctors in the past few years as I am 25 with Parkinson disease. Dr. Black and the physicians assistant are some of the nicest medical professionals I have seen. The staff is extremely nice. They do everything they can to help me feel as comfortable as they can. I would recommend anyone I know to go here if they have the right insurance.

March 28th, 2012
she never talk to me about the result , and i need one surgery and she do not want to give me autoritation for that surgery ,and dont want to tell me why,dont want to give me medication for the pain,and right now im looking for another doctor for help.

November 14th, 2011
pitting edema for months with no relief. Finally her nurse practitioner sent me to the hospital and I was there for a week. Janet visited me one time and that was to discuss what's going on with me. I told her that I had not been given my daily meds since being admitted, she explained we were going to have bigger problems if they don't give my meds. I am the patient, she is the DR. I felt she should have been on top of my medical needs. Yet to this day, I have no true DX from my week in the hospital.

April 11th, 2011
Staff doesn't code correctly
I've twice been in for a "physical", brief minor tests and then go & take blood tests. Both times the staff coded the blood tests as extra and not part of a physical so that I was charged for the blood work. I fought a long time to have the first tests recoded, but when they were incorrect the second time i just paid. I'm finding a new doc who has competent staff that understands the insurance billing codes.

April 6th, 2011
I have been seeing Black since she opened her practice in PSJ. Initially,I was very pleased with her and her staff. They were efficient, professional and waiting room time was 15 mins or less. Now 30++ min. appointment delay times are the norm. Newer staff members are less efficient about follow up with patients. We have regular blood tests; I had to call the office for results because noone from the office contacted us. We were never contacted by anyone in her office re:the results of a mammogram from last year. Although I obtained the results, without their assistance. The pharmacy I use fax'd her office for refill authorizations for an entire week with no reply to the pharmacy whatsoever. When I called the office, the receptionist said they would not fax refill authorizations.She made the mistake of saying that all pharmacies in the local area had been notified by the office of this policy. NOT... I have worked in the pharmacy I use to get my RX's since it opened and it has never received any such notification. The last straw was when I called her office from work with a very painful problem, asking for an appointment to see her. It was near the end of the week, soonest they could see me was the following Tuesday. I asked for Dr. Black's recommendation for something over the counter for relief and she refused to recommend anything until she saw me. I got better care from my local pharmacist who did recommend something!!!I was better by the following Monday and I never went back to her office again.Needless to say, I have found a new PCP.

April 1st, 2011
That was a physical?
I went in my a routine physical. The office set me up to see the assistant nurse. Her version of a phsical was no more then what a person receives when you go in for a cold, or whatever. She did the normal, listen to heart rate, and check you knee reflexes. Lierally, that was all. Then she sends you for blood work. That IS NOT a routine physical. If it is, then why did I get much more done at another doctor? I knew there was not going to be a full physical when I was never asked to get into a gown. She could have done this phsical in the waiting room - that is how lacking it was. Not only that, I used my only vist that is covered under my insurance. SO, now I can not even go to aother doctor for the physical. When I asked why it was not a full pysical, they told me that I was at an age that nothing more needed checked, unless I specifically had an issue going on?!?! I also called ahead, concerning the fact that an assistant was to be doing this physical. They told me she is VERY good and all. That was not the case...

January 9th, 2011
Left this practice when she asked me if I smoked then billed my insurance for smoking cessation. When I asked her office to correct it she said tough. She also did the same in my husbands case then sent him to get a chest x-ray because she did not like the sound of his heart he ended up needing open heart for something totally unrelated but the insurance would not cover it because she had billed for smoking cessation. The office staff refused to correct the orders for the x-ray even though they admitted it was incorrect. Very arrogant.