A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Janis Dzelzkalns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Janis Dzelzkalns is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Janis Dzelzkalns, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dzelzkalns graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Dr. Dzelzkalns has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Kendall Regional Medical Center
- Jackson South Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dzelzkalns accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Janis I. Dzelzkalns practice?
Dr. Janis Dzelzkalns practices Ophthalmology near Homestead, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Miami, FL and South Miami, FL.
See Homestead Ophthalmologists.