Dr. Janis Wiener MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 4 reviews

August 19th, 2015
HORRIBLE DOCTOR
Dr Janis Weiner is the worst doctor that I have visited in 20 years. I am pretty easy going so for me to make this negative review, she is the worst. She is very nonchalant and has no personality. She doesn't listen when being spoken to and doesn't welcome patient questions. She has an attitude or something. She changed my medicine and didn't tell me why and wouldn't return my calls to her office. Her nurse, Pam, wouldn't call me back. The office supervisor had a bad attitude also. I called her to find out why nobody would return my calls and I didn't know why my medicine was changed and I didn't know if it was a mistake or what....still...Dr Weiner would not call me back. I didn't take the medicine but now I still don't have the medicine that I need. I have to find another doctor right away. I wouldn't think of returning to Dr Weiner. She really is not conscientious and lacks enthusiasm in her job.

May 5th, 2015
Caring, confident and knowledgeable
I have seen Dr. Weiner for about 12 years now. I go for checkups and anything else that comes up. She has treated me for bronchitis, very mild asthma, a die-hard case of athlete's foot, chest pain and anxiety. I have always been able to get in to see her when I need to and she has really listened to me and cares enough to coax me into procedures that I don't want--like a colonoscopy! The last time I needed to get in, because I had chest pain, she was booked, but I got in to see her nurse practitioner, Linda. Linda is a real professional with good bedside manner too. I would not hesitate to recommend her. The only issue is that sometimes the wait can be long for her, but when it's your turn to be one of the more complicated cases, you'll be glad you have someone who cares to listen and give the right advice.

June 17th, 2011
I won't switch - even after I moved. . .
I went through a few doctors who were all poor communicators. Dr. Wiener, on the other hand, actually talks to me (and listens). She doesn't "dumb down" my health information, and she always finds a way to make more complex information understandable. I also like that she's a GP who is also an internist and infectious diseases specialist. My only recommendation is that we be able to communicate simple info via email. That raises ethical issues for doctors, so it's unlikely for anyone, but it would be nice. The office recently moved to River Forest IL, so any Oak Park phone or address info is outdated. And in 10 years of seeing this doctor, the only issues I've ever had with refills turned out to be the pharmacy's fault. Since I also found a great pharmacy (finally), I've never had a problem.

April 28th, 2010
frustration
I definitely would not recommend Dr. Wiener to friends or family.I am beyond frustrated with her. I placed my refill prescription with my pharmacy 5 days ago. After numerous calls to both the pharmacy and the "good" doctors office..I am still waiting for my blood pressure medication. This is unprofessional and totally unacceptable.