Dr. Janki Amin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

December 28th, 2015
General Review
Dr. Amin is very nice and follows up to make sure you get all required care such as flu shots, mammograms, etc. However, she is too quick to prescribe meds instead of trying to get to the bottom of a problem. For instance, for high cholesterol she immediately prescribed a high dosage of statins instead of trying to work with me on changing eating habits. When I had muscle pain and other side effects caused by the statins--like getting close to pre-diabetes, she said it was better to get diabetes than to have a heart attack. Then for muscle pain, she told me to take ibuprofin and motrin, which cause heart attacks! She never took an interest in following up to see why I was feeling so sick all the time; she only follows up on the required items checklist.

April 9th, 2015
Best Doctor I've ever met
Dr. Amin saw me through a serious case of West Nile Virus and I was convinced I might die. Her compassion, knowledge, & professionalism let me know I was being treated by the best! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

January 27th, 2015
Inappropriately Aggressive
Newly assigned PCP at Kaiser, aggressive from moment she entered room. Asks questions but doesn't wait for answers before drawing conclusions, discounts patient input and health history...her way or the highway. Angry and aggressive woman-would never trust her with my healthcare!

January 29th, 2013
DO NOT RECOMMEND
I would NOT recommend this Dr to anyone. She can be VERY very unprofessional and cruel. She willfully withheld my pain medication because I refused a unrelated routine test she repeatedly badgered me to take against my will. I went in with a broken bone and she pulled on the area and said I do not believe you that it is broken. I insisted on an xray and it was indeed broken. She would not prescribe pain medication as is absolutely needed for an injury of that severity in order to "punish" me for refusing her demand for an absolutely unnecessary test!!!!!! DO NOT CHOOSE THIS DR

December 24th, 2011
Very unprofessional in behavior. condescending, vindictive when disagreed with and incompetent to diagnose problems without insistence by patient to perform a diagnostic tests on more than one occasion. Very dissatisfied

November 22nd, 2010
THE BEST
She was more than my doctor. She became a true friend who really cared!!! Although she could be stearn in her own way, she was the best doctor I ever had and probably the best I will ever have through life. Your loss Mercy Medical Group at Q Street location.

August 15th, 2010
Restored my faith in Doctors
Dr. Amin is the first doctor that ever make me feel as if I was more than a 15 minute quota patient. If I could stand the Kaiser system I would follow her over there.

September 8th, 2009
Last year Dr. Amin found a lump in my breast. Unfortunately it turned out to be cancer. Dr. Amin did an excellent job in referring me for further testing. However, It was at the imaging center where information was miscommunicated and I had to wait an extra two weeks for my ultrsound. The not knowing was very stressful for me and my family. Nonetheless the journey we traveled this past year was very challenging. If it hadn't of been for Dr. Amin and her team I don't think I