Internist

A talented and great doctor show details A talented and great doctor
Jul 19th, 2016

Dr. Oganessian is not just a good doctor, but is in the realm of "brilliant and great" doctors. I have never had a doctor as intuitive and sharp as she is, and since I moved to northern California I have hoped for a doctor to measure up to her. Of course that won't happen, and I have to settle for regular doctors after seeing her. The reason I'm writing this is because I just recommended her to a friend of mine, and my friend said she had some negative reviews. I was astounded, and still am. Dr. Oganessian discovered that I had diabetes when three other doctors failed to find it. I had had the general blood tests taken during regular physicals, which didn't reveal it. Because of a change in insurance, I had to change from my previous doctor, and went to doctor Oganessian because she was close to my house. She actually reviewed my records, which some doctors don't really do when you go in as a new patient for a general check up. At that time Dr. Oganessian noticed something in my previous records that made her suspect that I had diabetes. She followed up with other tests, and discovered that I did indeed have type 2 diabetes. I had had tingling in my feet, and a podiatrist friend said that was a sign of diabetes, but for some reason, even though I mentioned it, no one before Dr. Oganessian discovered it. Beyond that she gave me excellent care---I was 250 pounds due to inactivity from an injury, was seriously considering gastric bypass, and because, in great part, of her encouragement I now am 175 pounds, which I did entirely through lifestyle changes and with her support. She helped treat my high blood pressure, which is now under control, diagnosed a serious case of divirticulitius, and saw me through the flu, and other minor things. Well, I thank her for being a great doctor, and a month ago I did three shoulder stands in my living room one after the other. I will have my 71st birthday in October. This woman is dedicated, cares very much about her patients, and is beyond reproach. The office staff may seem abrupt to some, but they are actually warm and caring as well. As Californians, especially, a part of our demeanor is to be very friendly (even though this may not be true about who we really are), but in many other parts of the world (and even in New York city!) this is not the case. It is merely a cultural overlay, and really has nothing to do with how people are, so I wouldn't be so quick to label the staff as being uncaring. They were always wonderful in actuality. Dr. Oganessian is a truly great doctor.

Dec 17th, 2015

WORST DOCTORS OFFICE EVER!!!!!! The staff is completely unbelievable! NIKA is so clueless, incompetent, rude, uncaring, and useless. It seems like the only way I can ever get any help here is if I pay the cash copayment first. The doctor is never allowed to receive my messages or call me back. Thanks a lot for caring! I've only been here three times and each time was so useless to me and I left each time so freakin angry and with no problems resolved whatsoever. I HATE THIS PLACE SO MUCH!!!!! Too bad cause the doctor is sweet. But she needs to know that her staff and policies are ridiculous.

Nov 5th, 2015

Worst Doctors office I have been to in my entire life.

Incredible! show details Incredible!
by Sara G. on Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr. Oganessian is one of the finest doctors out there! I have been going to her for years with all of my health related issues and she never fails to give me a sense of reassurance! I leave her office each time feeling better than when I walked in. I don't know of the people who have left negative reviews but I can't help but doubt their validity. I have recommended everyone I know to Dr. Oganessian and everyone has come back praising me for the referral. She has immense knowledge and is just the sweetest and most compassionate person ever. She truly cares for the well being of her patients and will spend as much time with you as possible to answer all of your questions and concerns. Her staff is equally nice and they always greet me with a smile. With my conditions, I have been to many physicians and none measure up to Dr. Oganessian. She is truly an incredible doctor and a genuine person. Definitely recommend her to EVERYONE!

safe here show details safe here
Nov 14th, 2012

I have had a lot of health problems and scares over the past year and they have been there for me 125%. Dr. Oganessian really cares and I always feel safe in her hands. Her assistant Nicka is the perfect compliment. She puts me at ease and keeps everything running so smoothly. All I have to do is show up.

Amazing! show details Amazing!
Oct 8th, 2011

Dr. Oganessian is by far one of the finest doctors I have ever come across. She tries her hardest to accept even walk in's with her tight and busy schedule because she truly cares about a persons well being. She is compassionate and attentive and above all she is knowledgeable. She has answered any question I have presented with thoroughness and accurateness. No one can doubt her professional manner and her intelligence. Staff is also very friendly. Overall, a very nice office, friendly staff, and a doctor that is truly one of a kind. I recommend to everyone!

If you want to be healthy, do not go to this doctor show details If you want to be healthy, do not go to this doctor
Oct 2nd, 2011

A completely incompetent doctor in taking care of patients with diabetes and its complications, even though her advertisement says she treats diabetes. If she does not know the answer to a patient's questions, she goes on the internet on her phone during the visit. I can go on the internet myself and not have to waste time going to the doctor.

Dr. Oganessian is a SAINT! show details Dr. Oganessian is a SAINT!
Jun 18th, 2011

I have never in my life met a doctor quite like Dr. Oganessian. I would write an entire book about her but I am limited of space. She is incredible. She is caring. She is immensely knowledgeable and she makes everyone feel their absolute best while visiting her. medical visits aren't fun for any of us but i actually enjoy visiting Dr. Oganessian because she is simple such a pleasant woman. i recommend her to absolutely everyone. There are only a handful of good doctors left in this world and she is one of them, if not the only one.

Mar 28th, 2011

Excellent. The staff are friendly & nice.

Jun 29th, 2010

Janna Oganessian is a wonderful doctor. She is honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable. I am super glad I found her!

Jul 20th, 2009

Janna Oganessian is a very professional physician. Her empathy and attention is very enjoyable. i would definitely recommend her to EVERYONE!