Internists

Saguaro Family Practice
18404 N. Tatum Blvd Suite 101
Phoenix , AZ 85032
(602) 992-1900
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  long time patient and highly recommends saguaro to anyone!  |  show details
by H Incognito :) on Jul 27th, 2014

The dr is awesome, listened to my concerns, very patient. I have been a patient here for years (first time seeing him) and I would defiantly come back and see him, Koryn, or Rada any day. Their assistants have always been great. With Robyn, I get my test results as soon as they are in sometimes even the same day. Everyone is very professional and truly caring. I'm always seen asap and even offered same day appointments. I also like how the lab is on site and radiology is right next door if needed. I've also taken advantage of the weekend hours and even the evening availablities with my little ones, since they typically get sick at during "off hours"! My only negative is the front office, they sometimes seem disorganized. I'm also not liking the recent remodel, its confusing to know what station to go to and its hard to tell when they are calling you where its coming from

|  show details
by Staci Fischer on Jul 22nd, 2014

GREAT DOCTOR!!! Dr. Berkowitz is great with my kids and very understanding. My daughter has had astma and allergies for years and he has gotten them under control now. His medical assistant is great aslo over the whole visit was the best I have had.

|  RUDE Medical Assistants Pearl & Robin  |  show details
by KDJ on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr Berkowitz was a very nice and thorough dr., but his ME pearl is Just a mean bully. You go in, it is very nice because they have all the lab facilities right there if you need any of that, like I did. But try getting your results! Pearl was down right rude. She interrupted me, spoke condescendingly to me and literally hung up on me twice! I thought it was inadvertent the first time, but it was not. She said she was going to hang up on me the second time! I went in for pain right up there w/ child birth and so they did a CT on my female parts,(never had anything done like this befor) the results where a 1.5 centemeter cyst on my overy, but Dr B said that was not going to cause the pain I was having & they don't do anything until it gets to size 4 & he said I needed to get a well woman exam. I scheduled that with the pa Corrine the next day. She told me that I have a cyst on my uterus and that it was slightly swollen, still waiting for those results. She also ordered an MRI on my lower back. That showed some slightly bulging disks in my back, but I was told by ME robin, PA Corrine's ME, that was also NOT what was causing the pain. Robin was also rude and curt but at least I was able after 2 business days to get my results. She monologued off, in medical language, my back issues and (I only understood the word bulging) told me I could follow up with "pain management." I don't even know what that is! A department, a certain type of dr? I asked if there where excercises I could do. She was curt and angery at me. !!?? During my office visit, She had given me a shot in my glut that was more painful than any other shot I have ever had in my life. I asked her if it was normal for it to hurt 5 days later, no bruise nor aching, but only this increadible shooting pain if I even brush anything up against my hip. Like maybe a piece of the needle was still in there. She assured me the needle was intact when she took it out. I know this, I was explaining the pain. And wondering if it is possible a nerve was hit and if so, when can expect it will go away or if there was anything I can do about it to aid the recovery time. She said no, just wait and see. Robin, in her medical speak lecture to me, I heard the words 2.2 diameter cyst. I asked if the MRI cyst was also on my overy and she said yes and told me the lab/pap results would be in the end of the week. I wondered if the cyst from the ct @ 1.5 was the same exact cyst as the one, 2 days later, measured 2.2. And if so, could this be what was causing me all the pain. Now I have 2 different tests -MRI & CT, a DR and a PA, and each with their own ME! When I set up my well woman exam I expressly asked if the PA did my exam if Dr Berkowitz could still be my main dr on this and look at all the results together. So I called Pearl, dr B's ME & asked if this cyst, with it's changing size, could be what caused all the pain and she put me on hold to ask the Dr. She came back and condesendinly told me that robin had already explained to me yesterday that the pain was coming from my back. I said "well, she actually called me today, not yesterday, and" then pearl interrupts me & starts talking and I say can I please finish what I was saying? And then she hangs up on me! I CB and leave a message and when she calls me back she accused me of interrupting her and tells me that she is going to "put the phone down again" (hang up on me Is what she means) and she said is not talking to me again about the MRI results and she told me that she told the dr I was rude to her! and at that point she hung up on me again! I feel like I am in the twilight zone. Pearl said the pain was from my back, robin said it was not from my back. Talk about confusing a patient. Also, pearl told me that the pain was not from the cyst. Ok. Thank you, tht was all that I wanted to confirm or ask in the first place. Bottom line very very RUDE medical assistants. They act like you are putting them out and can just "put down the phone" on people when THEY are done talking. Forget if anything was understood and what to do about follow up care. Robin was short and annoyed by my questions and waited an extra day to call me back, but at least she talked to me for 8 minutes, even though she made it clear I was a stupid patient. While Pearl couldn't even process my question in a call that was 2 minutes long and included putting me on hold. Second call was less than a minute where she tells me she is going to hang up on me. How People get away with this behavior and continue to work is beyond me. It is unacceptable. For this reason I must give 1 star to Dr. B.