Pediatrician, Cardiologist (heart), Pediatric Specialist

Does not have patience with children... show details Does not have patience with children...
by Speechless! on Mar 1st, 2015

This doctor I hate to say, but he's an idiot!!! He's hyper and seems to have zero tolerance for anyone who is anxious or nervous. My first impression was while I was filling out forms in the waiting room. He was talking and joking a mile a minute with a mantainence worker in the building. He was going on and on about a "South Park" episode. I am not a person without a sense of humor, but he seemed extremely unprofessional!!! The second we were in the room with him he asked me why I was nervous...when I didn't even flinch??? He than questioned if my son was "on the spectrum" and was unable to do all the proper exams because of my son's anxiety. He claimed it was like we were "waterboarding" him. He also said that it was like child abuse not to have my son medicated. Yes, my son has severe anxiety but Dr. Lacorte did nothing to calm him down. I think Dr. Lacorte should be medicated because he is extremely high strung and has no business working with children! His bedside manor did not convince my son that his heart was healthy...I now need to take him to another pediatric cardiologist to reassure him as well as address his anxiety issues...

Nov 16th, 2013

He is the best ever! you should all go to him!!!

Can't trust a racist with my care show details Can't trust a racist with my care
by Judy on Jun 18th, 2013

I personally heard Dr. Jared LaCorte from Port Washington, ny make fun of a Hispanic patient behind their back. He was rude, thought it was funny to mock their accent with his staff while they laughed, I felt embarrassed and sadden by this horrible display of racism. I was seriously appalled with this behavior. I have never experienced a doctor I trusted with my/families health behavior with such bigotry. he was always rude and condescending, I just thought it was because he was a doctor, now I realize he just really didn't like Hispanics.

Mar 13th, 2011

Best doctor ever

Not enough patience show details Not enough patience
Feb 6th, 2011

His greeting upon meeting you was very good. He appears curteous and thorough but did not have the patience in working with my child through a test. He had to step aside to gain composure and seem bothered. He's a pediatric doctor. There are going to be times he has to patient with children. I do not think I would go back again. I would rather have an understanding and patient doctor.