Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

2.0

First time patient show details First time patient
Mar 26th, 2015

As a new patient, I was very disappointed with my first visit. I brought my medical history with me as I moved to SLC from another state. I reported having sleep apnea, moderate to extreme back pain, and high ammonia levels in my blood. The Dr told me about new methods of treating sleep apnea, but did not refer me to a specialist. Nor did he draw blood to check on my ammonia level, which was last checked in November 2014. Also he did not order an X-ray, MRI or any other test to adder my back pain. The only thing he did was listen to my heart and lungs and told me come come back in a month for a physical exam. His bedside manner and pleasantness on a scale of 1 to 10 was at best a 3. I will not be returning to Olympus Clinic.

Not recommended show details Not recommended
Jan 26th, 2015

Not personable at all. Pretty rude and unlikable

Why is this man a doctor? show details Why is this man a doctor?
Sep 18th, 2013

I went to Dr. Probst for a simple UTI. I already had left a sample with the MA before the doctor came into the room. When he came in he asked me why I was there. Um....... hello? He then goes on to tell me that it seems that I have a UTI and gives me an antibotic. He then refers me to a urologist. Why? For a simple UTI? I get UTI's once in a blue moon. Why would I need to go to a specialist for this? He is a MD. Lots more to this story but I don't want to go into more details. I will not be back nor will I recommend him ever!

Under the influence show details Under the influence
Jan 26th, 2012

Just saw this doctor. My complaint is almost the same as the first person that posted a complaint. He appeared intoxicated. Was not making sense. I filed a formal complaint with the dopl. This is a dangerous man.

Why is he in family practice? show details Why is he in family practice?
Dec 3rd, 2011

Arrogant, rude and dismissive. Rolled his eyes when I told him about one of my symptoms. Spent as little time as he could with me. Couldn't wait to get out the door. When I asked him what else might be causing my complaint (the lab test had ruled out an infection) he was irritated that I wanted to make him guess. Why is he in family practice? Needs to be working with things, not people. NOT recommended.

Awful for anything but mundane show details Awful for anything but mundane
Sep 26th, 2011

I don't even know why this doctor is a doctor. He doesn't appear to like dealing with patients. He is nothing but a pharmacy drug rep dream come true. He just pushes drugs. He cares nothing for the patient and refuses to learn anything other than the drugs. He appears to dislike doing exams, or doing anything to help a patient other than prescribe drugs.

Aug 23rd, 2011

We saw Dr. Probst and he was unprofessional and strange right from the start. He spent about 5 minutes with us and most of that time was small talk. He didnt even do an exam and said well you need to go see this doctor.It was a waste of our time and money. We would not ever ever recommend Dr Probst to anyone!

Genuine show details Genuine
Jun 21st, 2011

I was a new patient who came in for a follow up visit from a serious hospital stay. Dr. Probst was genuinely interested in me and gave me some good advice for things to watch out for during my healing process.

Uninterested show details Uninterested
May 7th, 2011

I've been coming to this clinic for about 10 years now. About two years ago I started suffering from this horrible rash on my shins and my hair was falling out in clumps. When I came in for an appointment with this doctor about six months of dealing with these symptoms, he spent all of maybe five minutes with me. He then concluded that it was just stress and I should just start taking a multivitamin. I came back to him nine months later, with about half the hair I used to have and skin discoloration on my legs from the rash and asked for a second look. He took a blood test, sent me home, and then called me back with the results. "Everything's fine ma'am, I don't see anything out of the ordinary here." I asked for a follow-up to maybe run some more tests, and he told me there weren't anymore tests that "would be beneficial to me". Completely fed up with his lack of interest as to why I'm going through this, I contacted my family Dermatologist, who, after my first visit diagnosed and treated the problem! All in one visit!! I'm furious at this doctor. Don't waste your co-pay with this guy. There's another female doctor there (Dr. Banks) who is a little better. I'd go to her if you absolutely must go to this location.