Overall Review

3.0

April 17th, 2016
A WONDERFUL Doctor
Dr Speer is an OUTSTANDING dr! I have a 25 year old handicap daughter with a fatal genetic disorder. He always takes his time with us, he is very through and professional. He gives my daughter EXCELLENT care. He is very understanding and makes my daughter feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend him to be anyone's Doctor. He is awesome!

December 16th, 2015
poor ratings all the way arround,receptionist best job of all

September 21st, 2015
Learned lesson
I being an older woman believe he is the most arrogant doctor and man I have ever been around. He is even arrogant to children. Money should not be used to pay for such a jerk.

June 9th, 2015
Very thoughtful, thorough doctor! Dr. Speer spends time getting to know his patients and their needs. Our entire family uses Dr. Speer.

May 5th, 2015
Avoid at all costs!
Takes WEEKS to get information on test results. Office seems incompetent at setting up referral appointments. Was recommended to see a specialist and told I would be contacted with the new appointment date, a MONTH passed with no word. I then called the office and they'd forgotten to set it up. Terrible office to match a terrible doctor. Avoid at all costs!

April 1st, 2015
Takes weeks to get lab results, mri results etc. Shows little concern for patients

March 19th, 2015
Great doctor!

March 18th, 2015
Consistently Aloof and Indifferent...
Likely the worst bedside manner that I've ever encountered. Multiple visits with this physician and there were minimal, if any, efforts by him to establish 'good' patient rapport. I understand that family physicians get busy and often don't have the liberty to spend much time with each patient, but Dr. Speer seems to almost go out of his way to avoid establishing a good patient/doctor relationship. I hope that his distant, uncaring demeanor isn't purposely portrayed...but it certainly makes him seem cold and uncaring.

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Speer Review
Dr. Speer seemed rude and arrogant. He did not understand part of what I said and seemed to jump to conclusions. He had little understanding and sympathy for how bad I am feeling and did nothing to help me. He was recommended to me and I will never go back.

January 14th, 2015
This Doctor likes to give Xanex to patients who have had severe epilepsy seizures without any tests to the patient. Not a very thorough doctor.

October 3rd, 2013
A Doctor you can trust
Dr. Speers has been my Doctor for the past 5yrs. I know that I can trust him and that he cares for my well being. My wife doesn't like driving from Alabaster to go see him, but when she's really sick, or needs to know what going on, that's when she will go. Again, there are 100's of Doctors that we will drive by and go out of our way just to see him.

February 18th, 2013
Find another doctor if possible
My grandmother and I both visit Dr. Speer because it's the closest doctor in my area. The main issue that I have is that he spends so little time in the patient's room evaluating that you're forced to visit multiple times because his diagnosis is rarely accurate. As far as I'm aware, he's never been accurate diagnosing my grandmother (who has significant issues with blood pressure and liver enzymes), he constantly changes her medicine which occasionally helps the issue, but more often than not, it exacerbates the problem. When I've visited, he has spent less than 3 minutes in the room with me each time. I rarely have health issues, so he doesn't really need to diagnose anything, but for the amount paid to visit him, the time he spends treating you is significantly low. The only thing I would recommend him for is if you're a healthy student who needs a physical. It will take no time at all because he honestly doesn't check anything. I'm more thorough practicing as a nursing student for a test on my friends than he is evaluating an actual patient who has painful issues. If you want an attractive doctor who doesn't seem to be worth his weight in the medical field, go here. Otherwise, find a doctor who actually cares about your well-being. I've heard the other doctors in the practice are much better than Dr. Speer, even. I've already found another primary doctor, and I anticipate a much better experience.