Dr. Jarrod Bagatell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jarrod Bagatell?

Extremely rude office staff (Mindy) endangering patient health

Posted on October 5th, 2015

I would give this facility a zero-star rating if I could. My issue is not with the doctors in this office but their office staff. There is a woman named "Mindy" who typically answers their phone and is extremely rude and dismissive towards patients. I take a daily medication for depression and anxiety (Sertraline) - I've been taking it for over 2 years. I take a 50mg dose, which is considered a low dosage for this particular drug. About a month ago, I attempted to refill my prescription and Mindy left a very nasty voicemail on my home number stating she should would not submit the request unless I made an appointment for an office visit. I travel quite often in my line of work and as a result of Mindy stonewalling me -- I was not able to set up an appointment until AFTER my medication ran out. I have now gone 3 weeks without my meds and my anxiety and depression has never been worse. I have suicidal thoughts daily and a constant crushing unexplainable sadness that I can't shake (anyone suffering from depression knows what I'm talking about). You would think someone who works in a doctor's office would know that these types of medications are not the kinds of medications a patient can suddenly stop taking. Fast forward to today -- when I first called to set up my appointment this morning, I spoke with a woman (not Mindy) who ASSURED me my interim prescription would be filled today while I wait for this pointless appointment which is still a week away. When I called the pharmacy (3 hours later), of course my scrip had not been called in. So I called back and got to speak to the wonderful Mindy who essentially told me that it was on hold for the "doctor's approval". So one person tells me it will be called in, then this Mindy person apparently has the power to reverse that? I tried to explain the seriousness of my situation to Mindy without being overly dramatic. I might as well look for sympathy from a brick wall. Sertraline is NOT a narcotic, it is one of the most stable and commonly-prescribed medications for anxiety and depression. I do not understand why I have had to endure such emotional suffering as a result of them refusing to grant me additional refills -- all because someone wants to hit up my insurance company for a doctor's office visit that is completely unnecessary. I will keep the appointment I have - only because it is a matter of my continued mental health to get my meds - but I will never set foot in that office again and will tell all I know & post everywhere I can online about my awful experience.

He's the best

Posted on August 7th, 2013

Dr B is a knowledgable, kind, caring, and very thorough physician. His bedside manner is outstanding and he treats the whole individual and is always willing to listen. He's always willing to spend extra time to explain things, answer questions, and to simply talk to you and show he cares. He has been my Dr for 17 years and I feel very fortunate to have found him. He always goes the extra mile to care for his patients.

Exceptional doctor

Posted on April 5th, 2013

Dr B is an outstanding physician. He is knowledgable, accurate, and extremely caring. I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor.

Posted on June 13th, 2012

Dr Bagatell is friendly, professional, and treats you like a person, not a number. He takes the time to listen, and discuss your questions. I never feel like my visit is being timed.

Long time patient

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

I have been under Dr Bagatell's care for almost 15 years and I have never had a bad visit or a questionable diagnosis. He listens to everything I have to say and is never dismissive or patronizing.We are lucky to have such an outstanding physician in our area.

Posted on March 7th, 2011

He is an amazing doctor with exceptional knowledge. He takes time o listen to what I have to say, and to understand my families needs. He will always do his very best people, with regards to the health as well as there families health.

Posted on October 12th, 2010

Dr. B is very knowledgable, and has a great bedside manner. He always answers my questions fully, and if I do not understand the answer he explains it to me in terms that I can easily understand.

Posted on January 19th, 2016