Some ratings provided by DrScore.
TOTALLY SATISFIED !! show details TOTALLY SATISFIED !!
by New York Chris on May 22nd, 2015

I saw Dr. Rosenthal as an emergency patient in St Luke’s. I had a large kidney stone complicated by a very large 59 year old trauma induced urethral stricture. During the testing things got worse when I was told my right kidney had cancer. Being a diabetic, I really did not want my kidney removed as may be the normal procedure. Dr. Rosenthal operated and removed all the cancer and left me with a still functioning kidney. I found him knowledgeable, skilled and a good listener. Frankly, I could not give a hoot about his attitude or bedside manner, although I found his was just fine in this arena! I did want anyone to blow smoke up my poo-per or be holding my hand. I wanted a skilled, knowledgeable surgeon to save me and my kidney and that is what he is and that is what he did. I have had a long urological history dating back to 1958 due to trauma. I have seen and have been seen by scores of Urologists, I know what I'm talking about .... This Doctor is Excellent ... if want Friendship, A Loving Attitude, Slick Bedside Manor or Warm Comfort...hire a Street Companion !!

Very Uncaring show details Very Uncaring
by John on Oct 28th, 2014

I won't bore you with the details of my condition. All I will say is that this man does not care about his patients in anyway whatsoever! I have never met a doctor with a worse bedside manner than Dr. Rosenthal! He is unbelievably rude and not customer service oriented at all. Avoid this guy.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DOCTOR!! show details TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DOCTOR!!
by DISGRUNTLED on Oct 28th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Rosenthal by my family doctor after I discovered a lump in my testicle. When I went to see him in his office, he was EXTREMELY rude and seemed disinterested in my presence. When he examined me, he was very rough and, as any guy would know...that's a painful area to handle in such a manner. After a very quick, awkward examination, he said it was just a cyst and that it was nothing to worry about. No follow up, no furher testing...nothing. Anyway, I figured, even though he's an a#%hole, he must know what he's doing. I found out a year or so later when I went to see another doctor, that I actually have testicular cancer and now I am fighting for my life! Thank you Dr. Rosenthal, for being awful at your job and for being so dismissive and uncaring! How he has any postivive reviews here is beyond me! DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no show details no
by kathy on Sep 25th, 2014

I went to see him few years ago for kidney stones i had. He put a stent in me. I kept calling his nurse cause I felt like something was wrong. I didnt feel well. His nurse kept telling me it was the stent. I called several times. I ended up, days later going to ER. Come to find out, the stent in me was badly infected. I had surgery again, and was in hospital for a week. I almost died.. I ended up with two infections in my blood stream... never again would i go see him

Completely disgusted. show details Completely disgusted.
Jan 21st, 2014

I had SEVERE kidney pain tonight at 10 PM tonight and called the on call dr. (Rosenthal) and the FIRST thing he said to me was " Do you realize how late it is? Ten o'clock is NOT the time to be calling me right now." I told him that my pain was worse then when I passed kidney stones and he said very assertively, "just keep taking your pain meds and drink water and you'll be fine!" He showed NO sympathy for me. He is NOT personable at ALL! I didn't even meet him until I had my kidney stone removal surgery. He has his nurses do all of the work. He didn't warn me of kidney pain after the stent removal. DO NOT GO TO THIS "DOCTOR" he isn't trustworthy and has no heart for his patients. Bless you all!

Nov 14th, 2013

Best Urologist in the Valley. Awesome bedside manner and a caring and compassionate nature. Very knowledgable and communicates well with the patient.

Saved My Husband's Life show details Saved My Husband's Life
Aug 29th, 2012

My husband was referred to Dr. Rosenthal by my family doctor due to a rising PSA count in his blood work. After severalmonths of a slowly rising PSA count, Dr. Rosenthal suggested a biopsy. The biopsy showed one sample out of 12 was cancerous and the aggressiveness was a 9 out of 10. He suggested surgery as it was possible the cancer was contained within the prostate. After the surgery, the tests showed that the cancer had doubled in size and if it not for the quick diagnosis and surgey by Dr. Rosenthal, my husband would probably have cancer elsewhere. As a result, he needs no further chemotherapy or radiation. He is still checking my husband every 3 months and the PSA is still at "O". Thanks you Dr. Rosenthal, St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem and the DeVinci Robotic Equipment.

Poor bedside manor/pompous attitude show details Poor bedside manor/pompous attitude
Apr 5th, 2012

I am 38 and been through the mill w-dr's but this guy takes the cake. At first I was encouraged by his youth and presumed knowlege of modern medicine and treatment. After meeting him I am now sure he was absent for ethics classes and any medical knowledge he may have now means nothing. He has a snobbish way of speaking like he is condescending to talk to you. No eye contact, just flips through the chart. Unconcerned and dismissive about pt's pain or anxiety. If you are having a urological problem do NOT add to it by allowing this man to treat you. God bless