Dr. Jason Amato MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

January 22nd, 2014
Great care!
The office staff was polite and considerate. Dr. Amato was fantastic. I would recommend him to everyone.

August 5th, 2013
PLEASANT EXPERIENCE
I am a 63 year old man, who had pre-cancerous lesions on my scalp and forehead for a few years. I put off seeing a dermatologist, fearing the chemical peel procedure. After deciding to proceed, my family doctor referred me to Dr. Amato. I met with Dr. Amato, and was surprised that he recommended cryosurgery (freezing) for the lesions. I agreed, and the procedure was successfully completed in a few minutes. The treated lesions disappeared in 5-6 days. Incredible! I found Dr. Amato and his staff warm, friendly, and competent. Recommended.

April 29th, 2013
not happy
I can only say after taking my 21yr. old for 2 years now that if you saw his face you would see why I complain. The unfortunate thing is instead of seeing Dr. Amato, but once, we are always given Jennifer the assisant who has not been helpful at all. If another office gives me more medicine that requires a phone number for a code number to give the pharmacy I will scream. I think these drs. and assts. should try the numbers, get the numbers and call the pharmacies themselves. After 2 yrs. I will definitely be changing drs. Too long and no help.

April 11th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Amato for a few years and love him. He is thourough, kind, and gentle. I thought I had a cyst and turned out to be skin cancer. I'm very thankful for him. The front desk staff is another story, completely rude! If I didn't like Dr. Amato so much the front desk would push me away, especially the lady greeter.

February 9th, 2012
Great Manner and Care
I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Amato. He has always given great care and friendliness! I have gone to him for acne problems, a keloid scar, and mole removal.

December 6th, 2011
Be Careful
If you are going to this doctor for acne find someone else. There is one treatment that WORKS and that is Accutane. This sub standard doctor will have you try everything else before accutane and have you spend lots of money on substandard expensive medications before accutane. There are birth defect issues for those who become pregnant on this drug but there is a very rigid government program in place to make sure you don't. the program is overkill for anyone with any sense. This drug was singled out by right to life types years ago as a cause of abortions. Their strong lobby wanted it banned though it is the only true cure. I believe that this doctor drinks the RTL cool aid and will cost you dearly on expensive garbage drugs to keep you away from the remote possibility of aborting a defective fetus. Get the treatment you deserve to avoid years of wasted time and the potential of scarring. from non treatment. I was there for 2 years before finding another doctor.If you go to his office you will be sure to see a drug rep there in the lobby. His receptionist is rude.

June 9th, 2011
Frustrated
This office is made up of an extremely rude staff - in particular that receptionist/clerk at the front desk - she's a robot - unfortunately a rude one at that....They are all about the copay/money at this office - that is number one priority. Nurses are equally curt and abrupt... but when he comes in you can hear birds sing. Nurses suddenly ACT like nurses. He's nice and soft spoken and appears competent. Ahh but then your pushed back off to the nurses and once he's out of site - they SUCK! Horrible office - Does he know about his staff and the robot in front who deals with everyone in the waiting room?! Who knows - can't imagine he doesn't - maybe she's his mother or something. Regardless you will dislike the office and like the doctor - is it worth it - probably NOT... P.S. Don't forget your MONEY!

April 28th, 2011
excellent experience

April 26th, 2011
Dr Amato has excellent bedside manner, great listener, down to earth and he took as much time with me as I needed. A definite a plus doc!

February 23rd, 2011
Neighbor referred me....
This doctor came highly recommended to me by my good friend. I needed an appt for female adult acne that has seem to come out of no where. Even though I didn't have insurance at the time I made an appointment willing to pay the $125 visit and whatever other costs i needed to get my face cleared up. The doctor finally came in and I told him why I was there. He barely looked at my face from across the room. I even asked if I should remove my makeup so he could look a look up close to determine what kind of acne I had and he said it wasn't necessary. He was in and out of the room in about 5 minutes. I felt so rushed and especially for my first visit there was expecting a more thorough examination.

February 20th, 2011
Dr. Amato's avoidance resulted in ER visit
Appt was set up a week in advance by family dr to see Dr. Amato to remove infected, painful cyst. Dr. Amato did nothing but prescribe stronger antibiotics and walk out. Two days later after condition did not improve, the family dr sent me immediately to the ER for possible admission for IV antibiotics. At the ER the cyst was lanced and further surgery had to be scheduled. Copay was $200 for the ER. Had Dr. Amato removed or just lanced the infected cyst as scheduled at the office visit, the expensive ER visit and two days of pain and fever could have been avoided.

January 18th, 2011
review
My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Amato for 2 years for Basil Cell cancers. He has tretaed us gently and with respect. IF there is any downfall with bhis office is that you must go through a lenghty recording befoer you can get to the section for sceduling an appointment. Patience is the word I would offer any who are telephoning the office.