Dr. Jason Andrus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 24th, 2015
Good staff, bad doctor
I had inpatient and outpatient treatment from Dr. Andrus and nearly lost my life because of him. He prescribed me lithium for Bipolar 1 disorder and over the course of six months, he raised my dose from 300 mg to 1800 mg. I was then hospitalized after a suicide attempt which prompted him to raise my dose yet again, this time to 2800. As a 5'7 and 130 lb female, this dose incapacitated me. My levels went from a therapeutic 1.2 to a dangerous 2.6. T magnifying the negligence, this had all happened while I was under medical supervision. He had the nurses redraw my blood (13 hours after I HD ingested my medication) and used the fraudulent test results to justify my new dose. The whole situation was horrendous for both myself and my parents. The increase in lithium left me bedridden and was not appropriate for my symptoms (lithium is for manic episodes, not depressive). My parents took me to a different psychiatrist where my disorder was effectively managed with Zoloft 2.5 mg. Dr. Andrus was the worst doctor I have seen in my life thus far, I would never recommend him.

August 15th, 2008
Excellent physician. Please return to HI!