Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  A truly caring and thoughtful MD  |  show details
by Garysgirl on Feb 13th, 2014

I cannot imagine where these folks are coming from that wrote these scathing reviews about Dr. Boudjouk. My husband and I have been his patients for over 5 years. We have received nothing but caring and compasionate attention from him. He spends a lot of time with you during your visit and is not satisfied until you have all your questions answered. He is approachable and responsive. Either his nurse Janet or he himself have always called us back in a timely manner. He has been gentle and understanding with my husband who is not the best patient. The medical assistant Alex could not be sweeter or more efficient. I understand that people may find the receptionist a bit standoffish but she has an important job to do and she is always professional. I think she needs to maintain that manner or patients will walk all over her. To bring up Dr. Boudjouk's stature is just petty and ignorant. If you take the time to know him, you will understand that he struggles with weight issues and is very sensitive to those of us who struggle too. He works long hours which leads to late eating habits, not so great for the waist. I would trust Dr. Boudjouk with any health issue I may have. He is very competent, board certified, and appreciates a patient who is interested in their own well being. He gets 5 stars from us.

|  arrogant, dismissive, self-important attitude  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

I was under the medical care of Dr. Boudjouk when I was in St. Elizabeth's Rehab in East Greenwich in June, 2013. He breezed in & out of my room as quickly as he could, rarely looked me in the eye, never approached me but barked questions, comments & orders at the nurse or aide. I complained of a UTI/(severe burning) every day after my second day there (had had a catheter at the hospital for surgery) but Dr. Boudjouk didn't get around to prescribing a medication until I repeatedly asked to see him when he next visited the center and tried to hand him my vial of urine to be examined, an effort to shock him into action. It worked because he actually stepped back, obviously repulsed, turned to leave the room while ordering a lab test over his shoulder. After repeated inquiries about my lab results, on my 12th day there I finally received an antibiotic to treat my infection. No, I'll never go to his office, never recommend him, and hope never to see him again. Perhaps his medical knowledge is "good" because the antibiotic worked, but everything else about him sucks. When putting in the stars for the ratings here to the side, they are actually irrelevant because I didn't go to his office, but "ease of appt" was one star because he visited me once then didn't return till a week later, when I repeatedly asked to see him on his next visit to the center. "Promptness" is one star because I had to complain loudly to get to see him. "Courteous staff" is one star, but I really don't know. "Accurate diagnosis" gets four stars because the lab did its work well. "Bedside manner" gets one star. WHAT bedside manner? He has none! "Spends time with me" gets two stars because he came to my room finally. And "follows up after visit" gets one star because there is no field for zero stars. St. Elizabeth's is WONDERFUL in every other way, but they need a different physician and will tell them so.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2013

Knowledgeable, caring, and very helpful. Highly recommended.

|  DOCTOR BROWN PORKY PIG  |  show details
by Good guy on Feb 22nd, 2013

He sucks, plain and simple.. A very cocky man who seems to just spout out what he thinks and has no regards to you or your opinion. He is over weight and his belly rubs against you if he gets too close.. So his opinion about your health makes you laugh at him. very odd place to go, not comfortable to visit at all and you get no feeling of being welcomed. if you want a bill receipt they will hand print out one?! They want to email it or send it to your phone?! Just buy some ink people..

|  Poor Patient Care  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

Poor follow-up. Lax in returning phone calls. Poor patient care.

|  THIS DOCTOR VIOLATES HIPPA  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

ON ONLY MY SECOND APPOINTMENT WITH THIS DOCTOR HE DISCHARGED ME AS A PATIENT WHEN I FOUND OUT HE WAS PRESCRIBING TO A FAMILY MEMBER WHO IS AN ADDICT. SOMEHOW THIS PATIENT HAS FRIENDS IN THE RIGHT PLACES. HE IS PRESCRIBING 3 DRUGS THE PATIENT HAS BEEN HOSPITALIZED FOR OVERDOSING ON. THEN HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO CALL THE FAMILY MEMBRR AND DEVULGE OUR PRIVATE CONVERSATION. WHAT DOES A PERSON DO WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEIR PCP IS ON THE TAKE?

|  Poor Staff  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

My aunt moved out of state and requested a form to be filled our for her new assisted living facility. The office was very slow to respond. It took almost two weeks of back and forth to fill out a form completely and accurately. Even though my aunt was a former patient, Dr. Boudjouk failed to respond promptley and professionally.Prior to that my aunt was satisfied and found Dr. Boudjouk pleasant.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2010

Not sure where the negative review came from. I have always been able to get an appointment in a very short amount of time. I feel as though Dr. Boudjouk spends plenty of time with me and is very knowledgeable. He has suggested treatment that my previous PCP did not even consider and I have been very happy with the results. The one issue I have has been with the courtesy (or lack thereof) of his reception staff. They have been short and cold on the phone and not very helpful when trying to refill prescriptions.

|  Caring  |  show details
by justin smith on Jun 6th, 2009

I found him to be a very caring doctor who spent the time to explain things to me and helped me understand my medical condition. I trust his judgement.

|  Dismissive  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2008

I was under his care for a year when my Auto Immune illness was in chaos. He was a rotten case manager, dismissive of my knowledge, belittling of my mental status due to all the physical pile up and I case managed six specialists while chasing after him and his staff to follow up on coordination and communication with other doctors and with me. This was my experience and it is my opinion. He helped with a couple things, but for the most part, now that I have a new PCP, my life is better with the stark difference of approach and respect the new Internist has in her partnership, her approach and certainly skill.