A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jason Buffington:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jason Buffington is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jason Buffington, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Buffington graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Buffington has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Essentia Health – St. Marys Medical Center
- Deer River Health Care Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Buffington accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 7 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 16 plans
- Security Health Plan of Wisconsin - 7 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jason Buffington practice?
Dr. Jason Buffington practices Family Medicine near Duluth, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Deer River, MN.
See Duluth Family Physicians.