Dr. Jason Chang MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Honolulu, HI

3.2

April 22nd, 2014
A Relief
I came to Dr. Chang after another physiatrist only wanted to prescribe meds - including meds that would trigger other conditions I had. I had never "fired" a doctor before and was very nervous, uptight and wary after my previous experience. Dr. Chang was excellent at calming me down, listening to my concerns, treating and following up with me. I was at the tail end of treatment for a condition I had been dealing with for over a year when I changed health plans and had to change physiatrists. My first physiatrist had made slow but steady progress on restoring range of motion and resolving pain. The new one I got just wanted to prescribe NSAID's, which I am not able to tolerate well. I tried to communicate with him about it, but he would just prescribe more and get frustrated with me because I didn't want to take them. Dr. Chang worked with me to find what worked, followed up on my PT and my issue was resolved after a few months. Another reviewer found his informality off-putting, but I found that it made me more comfortable.

July 26th, 2013
Very Unprofessional
I wish there was a -4 star rating I could give but this site requires me to give minimum one star to leave this review. I was referred to this doctor from my regular doctor and went to my first consultation regarding my leg/ankle deformity. First of all, the receptionist did not assist me for awhile to have me fill out my papers, and instead was talking to a friend she saw at the center, about their upcoming reunion they were having...what the heck?? Then I saw the doctor...Dr. Chang does not have any bedside manner at all! He did some quick tests of strength on my leg (pushed his hand on it) to see how strong my leg is. He said "wow, you all busted up huh?" Then proceeded to the same thing to my foot and said "wow, junk your leg." WOW so professional huh? How about telling me something I don't already know? Will never ever EVER return to this doctor, I'd rather live with this pain than pay this guy to tell me leg is "junk."