Dr. Jason Cohen, MD
Surgical Oncologist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Jul 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very pleasant and professional.

May 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great Doctor, professional, caring and makes you feel good while healing.

May 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

What an awesome doctor. Knew exactly what my problem was. Explained everything about what would happen before during and after the surgery. Feeling very comfortable about being in his care. The world needs more physicians like dr Cohen.

Apr 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Jason Cohen is a rock star. He's a highly competent surgeon and has the most wonderful bedside manner. He is kind and caring and attentive, and also a little funny. Dr. Cohen's office staff is also great - very friendly and responsive.

Feb 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

This surgeon is both skillful and caring. He is sensitive to his patient's concerns and takes the time to carefully explain your options and invites your input. A talented physician and terrific human being as well. He is the best.

Jan 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

THE BEST AT CEDARS ....NONE BETTER...

Jan 14th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Awesome humanitarian with a good sense of humor that prompts repartee`. Told me I'm his "first" of a potential ill-fated result after 15 years of practice, but don't they all say you're 'textbook'? My wife and I have entrusted him with our lives.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
LAUGH-BE TOTALLY CONFIDENT AND HEALED UNDER DR. COHEN! show details LAUGH-BE TOTALLY CONFIDENT AND HEALED UNDER DR. COHEN!
by BONNIE B on Dec 24th, 2014

You've hit 'THE JACKPOT' when you choose Dr Cohen as your surgeon!! At some point in all our lives, you or someone close to you will need major surgery--no matter the reason .Dr. Cohen is not only a gifted surgeon and oncologist (ie. cancer specialist), he is 'Iconic' and without a doubt a true healer! Bottom Line...Dr. Cohen is the 'Patch Adams' of surgeons and medicine in Los Angeles. His entire staff, his office, his caring patient service is 'above and beyond'....Plus, alike Patch Adams, you'll laugh all the way to surgery and after! Healing is a pleasure when you choose this remarkable surgical artist and healer!

Dec 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The long wait was only due to an emergency surgery. The office tried to call but it was too late as I was arriving for my appt. at the time of their call. When the emergency prep was not completed in time the Dr returned for my appointment.

Dec 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Listened to all my concerns and made notations. Very friendly, easy to engage in discussion of my care and specific needs. A good guy who seems to really care. Offered sound advice. Really put me at ease and for that I am most grateful.

Dec 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I can't adequately express how compassionate, brilliant, and skilled Dr. Cohen is. It's not just that he was critical in helping save my life, though that's no small thing ??, but he treats you as if you were family. And there is no better feeling. Ever.

Dec 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent surgeon. Excellent care

Dec 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Jason Cohen related information in a clear manner and took the time to listen to my concerns.

Nov 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor and great office team

Nov 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was apprehensive before my operation but he was kind and reassuring. He made me feel like I was his most important patient. The best is that he did the best job possible. His follow up and instructions are very clear!!

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This man is an amazing human being, concerned, with an edge of humor and his own reflective humility. My issue was not a serious one in my eyes, a hernia, and he sensed that and made it respective in his replies and advice. Not bad for an MD, eh?

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Cohen kept us waiting but we could see why, as he spoke to us and was not in a hurry to rush out to another patient. He gave us the information we need and we have already made the date for surgery. He was highly recommended.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

After too much time spent in the medical system, it is with gratitude that I was referred to Dr Cohen. He goes above and beyond, even asking if I'd like him to forward my files to my other practitioners--which he did in 24 hours of my meeting him.

Apr 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Cohen has a way to make me feel as if I am the most important patient he has. He is professional, yet friendly, with an uncanny abilityability to make me feel I could not be in any better hands.

Apr 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

We arrived early for our appointment and were taken in within minutes. The nurses did all my vitals immediately and Dr. Cohen came in right after they were finished. Very efficient, thorough and explained everything so I could understand. Very Happy!

Apr 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Cohen is the most thorough surgeon I have ever worked with

Apr 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Outstanding across the board. Top notch medical care with excellent, friendly communication skills. Excellent staff. Could not be a better experience.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Bo on Oct 16th, 2013

Dr. Cohen is an amazing doctor and an even better person. He has done more than promised. I recommend him to any patient. The patients who have had the good fortune of being treated by this man should consider themselves lucky. His heart and his hands are both godsends. He makes you feel good and healthy regardless of the severity of the diagnosis. His optimism reinvigorates the soul. In fact the whole staff deserves the same credit. They are all blessed with being amazing care givers and wonderful people. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

patient show details patient
by Mr. Zakhar Laufer on Sep 17th, 2013

I had the best experience with Dr. Cohen. He is extremely qualified and patient. Before surgery Dr. Cohen spend a lot of time with me, explaining everything, that going to happened during and after surgery. He answered all my questions that make me feel secured with him. After the surgery he spoke to my family, which was very important to them. He came to me few times before discharge, gave me all updates. Thanks a lot, Dr. Cohen.

Jul 31st, 2012

I am convinced, after encountering Dr. Cohen and his staff, that God has earthly angels in the form of doctors. Dr. Cohen turned my dire medical diagnosis into a success story. He would not give up on me; and I needed a warrior when I was too ill to fight for myself. I am blessed to be under his care.

Jul 1st, 2011

Dr. Cohen saved my life. He was the only physician (among half a dozen) who correctly assessed my symptoms. I am a complicated case and Dr. Cohen saved my life. He often came on rounds at midnight to check on me before and after my surgery. He is the most expert, dedicated, and compassionate physician I have had the honor to know (I have been an RN for over 3 decades). He is very thorough and has hope for me despite my difficult diagnosis. As director of the Cedars Sinai Surgical Oncology Center he sets a tone of hope and compassion. All his patients have an Angel in Dr. Cohen! God bless him to carry on for many more healthy and happy years and to continue to advocate for the ill. My Anesthesiologist said he had never seen a more perfect surgical case than the one done by Dr. Cohen. His is the finest physician I know. I am lucky to be under his care.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Feb 28th, 2011

Dr. Cohen is by far the best surgeon I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I had an extremely complicated case and he not only was the only surgeon willing to tackle my case but he succeeded in doing so. He literally saved my life and made my overall quality of life 100 percent better. He brought me to tears when I was being released from the hospital with the hug and the encouraging talk he gave me I truly believe he cares deeply about his patients and their recovery. Thank you Dr. Cohen!

My Go-To-Doctor. show details My Go-To-Doctor.
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr Cohen saved my soul as well as my life. I can't say enough about this wonderful surgeon. He is kind, compassionate honest and knowledgable. He makes you feel as if you are his most important patient.

Dr Jason "The Wonder Doc!" show details Dr Jason "The Wonder Doc!"
by Gita Hall on Apr 24th, 2010

I found Dr Cohen to be caring, friendly, efficient and an excellent surgeon. Having had a quite complicated procedure and considering my age at the time 76, I am impressed how quickly I recovered and the scars have faded and are almost imperceptible.Bravo...

Outstanding surgeon show details Outstanding surgeon
Feb 3rd, 2010

Very impressive, knowledgeable and skilled. Cares deeply for his patients and has excellent bedside manner. He is precise in everything he does.