Dr. Jason Crawford MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Reno, NV

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2015
Excellent doctor; bad experiences w/staff
Dr. Crawford is one of the best physicians I've ever had. I've been going to him for several years and he's sorted out a number of rather complex health problems for me. He cares, he's up on the latest medicine, he takes care of business, he's on times, respectful and brilliant. He's great, and that's why I put up with the rest. He's never available except by appointment and timely appointments are not easy to get. This is due to clinic policy. No one is on call after hours and the office shuts down for and hour and a half at lunch during which time messages left regarding appointments will not be returned. This I knew about going in. Hold times are very long - up to 15-20 minutes to reach a person and I usually have to leave a message anyway. This would be OK if messages weren't lost or miscommunicated. One series of miscommunications resulted in me getting a very wrong dosage of medication for an extended time. Dr. Crawford apologized and promised to look into it, but a similar thing happened again since. Records are an issue. One office requested my files repeatedly for three months with no response. The staff tend to give canned answers with no flexibIlity and without listening to the question.. I sometimes don't even feel like a patient paying for a service; I feel more like I have been drafted into the military-until I get to the treatment area. I've stayed because I like Dr. Crawford so much and because I dislike changing physicians, but I think it's time to go. :(

July 11th, 2014
Dumbstruck, review the DOCTOR!
Dr, Crawford is an excellent physician, but you gave him an abysmal rating even though YOU NEVER MET HIM. OK, you were on hold a long time and don't like the rules of the clinic. Go somewhere else. Get treated by and actual physician and write a review on on THAT person.

December 16th, 2013
Unbelievably Stupid
After waiting on hold for more than 10 minutes on hold a second time, I was told that I could not make an appointment until I had an eligibility appointment and that despite the fact that I live an hour away I had to go there in person prior to making an appointment. Unbelievable.

April 25th, 2013
Dedicated, Caring Physician
Dr. Crawford works at St. Mary's Neill J. Redfield Clinic and seems dedicated to serving the under served. I lost my insurance after losing my job due to a disability and was very concerned about receiving appropriate treatment for several complicated medical issues. What stumped the high-priced insurance MDs seems simple for Dr. Crawford and he explains what's going on in a straightforward way. I feel respected and important even though I pay on a sliding scale. He sat with me and helped me find the least expensive way to fill my prescriptions. I know he's not accepting new adult patients now, but he's the kind of doctor you wish you could clone.

March 28th, 2016