Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Francoise Teitelbaum on Oct 6th, 2015

Dr. Dolinsky has my full confidence. He is bright, capable, caring, interested in his patients, calls me with results (how many doctors call you, most don't even take your calls) up on the latest medical news.... I would not go to anyone else. Also he was recommended by my previous internist who was a great doctor. His staff is friendly, courteous,. I am deeply thankful to be in his hands.

Everything is third class here show details Everything is third class here
by Lorraine on Jul 13th, 2015

The pleasantly nearby office was unpleasantly dismal. I have not yet been to a Manhattan Dr. who did not have some type of respectable office. Choosing a primary Dr. that fits into my new health plan has brought me to 2 Drs so far Dr. Dolinsky being the worst. His staff, and office are lacking and his demeanor though friendly seemed to also give away his lack of knowledge as the visit unfolded. He seemes to not know or understand the simple things and if there isn't a great Dr. on my third try i think i am better off just paying out of pocket to see my old Dr. who was wise, kind and had an office that was clean and respectable.

I worry a little when a physician is very overweight. show details I worry a little when a physician is very overweight.
by Susan on May 7th, 2015

It is always sad when you see overweight people, but it becomes a concern when they are giving advice on how to be healthy. It is like something doesn't jive. I felt bad but he was so overweight and I just was unable to find a reason to trust my health care to a man who cannot stop eating and is so unhealthy and unfit. It is just wrong. The staff and office as well as he himself gave me no confidence that I would get the best care with Dr. Dolinsky. If however I need a recommendation for a restaurant I am sure he would be my guy.

Lacks knowledge show details Lacks knowledge
by Stella on Mar 5th, 2015

The staff of 2 was not apparently interested in being polite or helpful and didn't even look up when I was waiting to ask them a question. He for my own visit purpose did not seem to want to do more than refer me elsewhere for a gazillion tests with 4 different kind of Drs. I think these Drs. just want to refer you to their friends for favors - I don't understand why he couldn't have sent me to 1 specialist and if that specialist deemed it necessary to see someone else then why was it not okay for the specialist to refer me to someone else. Very questionable behavior. I politely declined, went to another PC Dr. Who told me there was no reason for any follow ups with any specialists- She did my bloodwork and asked me to follow up every 3 months.. What was the big deal- The new Dr. has a nice and clean office, nice staff and apparently no desire to jack up other peoples businesses by sending me on scavenger hunts to specialists looking for something that does not exist. I do not trust Dr. Dolinsky and would not recommend him. I do not understand at all Drs. scaring you into visiting other Drs. when nothing hurts, nothing seems wrong and no good reason is apparent for it. Why would they do that?? I think he is dishonest.

by Virginia C on Jan 19th, 2015

Dr. Dolinsky is a most caring and professional doctor. He listens to his patients and spends adequate time with them. He is prompt in keeping to the scheduled time of the appointment. His staff is courteous and helpful. When appropriate, he follows up after the visit.

Idiot. show details Idiot.
by julia on Dec 24th, 2013

I was not sure if I should even see this dr. after speaking on the phone with the woman (receptionist?) She was so obnoxious. I thought if he's a top rated dr. he must be good though, so ignored the witch on the phone. I was surprised that the office was a dump. It was like a really cheaply not too clean waiting room with dime store chairs and little else. The dr. was nice though and I gave a chance which was something I came to regret. He is an idiot. He may have been nice but had no idea what he was talking about or what the appropriate course of action to take was and just made a mess out of everything. He wrote me referrals to the wrong type of drs. and wanted to give me medication I did not need. The man was a buffoon. A fat, out of shape, unsure, (but nice) buffoon. It says a lot about a dr, when the office is in such decay, and so cheaply thrown together, and such obnoxious people answering the phones..Why would "a top rated dr" have no interest in making as nice atmosphere? Could he not afford better than flea market furniture? Could he not or did he not care to hire nice people? I went downtown and thankfully found a nice practice with (mostly) nice staff..a warm..actually well thought out office and lovely waiting room and clean as well..And thankfully a smart dr. who took care of himself and wasn't a slob and was wise enough to know which kind of specialist to send me to. Jason Dolinsky is a pig , his office is a stye and his help is obnoxious. On a positive note the location was extremely convienent to my home and as cheap as he ts..he did have the heat on as it was freezing out. That's the most positive things I could think of about this day which I would rather have spent any other way but wasting my time with this buffoon.

dime store medicine. show details dime store medicine.
by ohmeohmy on Nov 15th, 2013

The staff, the office, and the dr. himself seem to be second rate. The woman on the phone was quick to hang up before answering questions..this should have been enough for me to decide against going to this dr. Instead i went and was suprised that the office was 3rd class everything..not what i expected from someone who was once supposed to be one of the best drs. in ny. The staff got some of my information incorrect and then got angry with me at their mistake. Dr. Dolinsky himself was an overweight man which is always a concern for me since it is hard to take medical advice from someone in bad shape..but hearing him out he seemed thoughtful but unsure of himself and his plan for my treatment. I did follow up with him one more time (it seemed more convienent than starting over) but i just didn't have alot of regard for his opinion or treatment plan and opted for a different practice with smart drs. and nice staff and comforatable offices which show that they care about their patients and are not so cheap that they sparsley furnish with cheap furniture as Dr. Dolinskys does. I just felt i deserved better for myself and my husband and was not at all impressed either with him, his staff or his (lack of) expertise in family medicine and will not return or reccomend him.

Our favorite doctor and staff show details Our favorite doctor and staff
Feb 27th, 2012

My family has been going to Dr. Dolinsky for many years and he and his associate Melissa are the best - friendly, caring and attentive. We send all of our friends to them.

Oct 11th, 2010

Dr. Dolinksy is a cheerful, apparently caring and highly competent fellow. However, he talks continuously about all sort of extraneous matters, like a stream of consciousness--whatever pops into his head--and one wonders how much attention he is paying to what he is doing. His social skills seem not to match the level of his professional expertise.