Dr. Jason Engel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

no change

September 12th, 2016
Excellent doctor/surgeon!!
I'm a patient of Dr Engel since couple of years. Great doctor! He knows is competent and excellent. Huge experience! Just tell him your symps and he will know exactly what u need... Great new staff!! They're very professional and kind. If u need an urologist give him a chance the waiting time it worth it.

June 9th, 2016
Unreachable in case of emergency
Emergency room attempts to reach the doctor or anyone else in his practice COMPLETELY unsuccessful. My husband almost died-dr engle cold and uncaring and his staff is very unprofessional.

May 16th, 2016
Prostate Biopsy Gone Bad
I suggest that any potential patients look elsewhere. Dr. Engel and his office reflects his operational attitude - broken chairs in the waiting room with very long waits, broken/malfunctioning equipment, poor communication just bad experience with three appointments and found another doctor.

May 2nd, 2016
Want Someone Who's Caring and Helpful? Not Him.
Read his ratings carefully before letting Dr. Engel operate on you. My father developed a life-threatening infection, which was NOT Dr. Engel's fault -- but when the emergency room staff AND my parents tried to contact him, he was completely unresponsive. Three days later, the office called to ask if he was coming in for his follow-up appointment. The answer? No, he's in intensive care from a complication. I then met him -- he is arrogant and uncaring, and we have found another urologist.

April 26th, 2016
Dr Engle is a very skilled surgeon. He removed my prostate 10 years ago. The surgery went well with a speedy recovery. His instructions were precise and made the entire process go smoothly. I highly recommend Dr Engle.

April 2nd, 2015
Outraged. DC office is dirty- fyi. Both offices had me wait 30 minutes+ in exam room before seeing doctor. Chevy Chase office said they were in network for Carefirst and then billed an out of network LAB WITHOUT telling me so I am stuck with a huge bill! Bedside manner, 1st visit nice, 2nd visit- super rude. When I asked for numbing gel prior to procedure they said, "they only do it for men." and doctor then proceeded with extremely painful procedure and told me to "relax and let it happen." Outrageous, simply outrageous. Also gave zero information about procedure before or after or what to expect. Never determined why there is blood in my urine. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR. IF YOU ARE A WOMAN.

January 22nd, 2015
While my visit and consulting always goes above and beyond I just wish there was more follow up after procedures and diagnoses with the patients..

December 21st, 2014
He has been my doctor for more than 15 years - he is competent doctor and caring person.

November 9th, 2014
Horrible outcome five years later
Every day I wake and confirm the worst mistake I ever made in my entire life was to allow Jason Engel to be my surgeon. An absolute lack of veracity and integrity. Engel's recommendation and subsequent removal of my prostate has been a complete and ongoing disaster. I suggest that any prospective patient get a second or third opinion before believing anything Engel says particularly if he plans on performing surgery on you.

June 9th, 2014
would not recommend
Some of the reviewers are confusing arrogance with confidence. Mature people don't behave like that. It can also be a way of hiding a lack of knowledge about a condition, as happened in my case.

December 27th, 2013
Great Doctor
He is a very thorough doctor; he takes time to explain everything to you. He answers your question. Some people might think he too direct, but I think we need that sometime. He walks you through everything, if he sense that you don't understand what he is saying, he breaks it down until you do. I think people confuse him being very confident with him being arrogant. Several of our friends have Dr. Engel as their doctors and are very pleased. I personally think he is very good at what he does. I highly recommend him to everyone.

April 26th, 2013
Arrogant Doctor
I went to see this doctor as an alternative because it was closer to my home. He is rude, NOT friendly, and very arrogant. Instead of taking interest on my case he tried to give me a sermon on the type of people that go to see him. He could careless about what I thought my symptoms were nor wanted to hear anything I had to say. Further, and since he wasnt the first doctor I had seen to begin with, he demanded for me to see the other doctor moving forward. He rushed me through and ensured to let me know indirectly that he wanted nothing to do with me after this visit. Needless to say that i don't recommend him, nor will i ever recommend him, and will gladly go back to see the other doctor. Oh and weeks later I called back for a prescription refill, and he never returned my call but had his assistant call me back, and for the second time he ensured to let me know that he is washing his hands with me and that I should go see the other doctor the next time. what a disgusting attitude towards life if you ask me.!!!!